Job Code: 2500
The Pharmacy Technician assists the pharmacists with the preparation, labeling, and delivery of medications in accordance with the rules and regulations set forth by the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy and adheres to the policies and procedures of the INTEGRIS Health. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Pharmacy Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Obtains drug products, places them in the appropriate containers, labels those containers and presents them to a registered pharmacist for review and approval
* Repackages and labels medications, issues and records floor stock items, inspects floor stock in an assigned area and reports this information to the pharmacy supervisor
* Operates and restocks automatic dispensing machines including Pyxis machines and the RxOBOT (IBMC)
* Ensures the timely and accurate delivery of medications
* Issues and records all inventory transactions for scheduled and non-scheduled medications, assuring that all counts balance with the book value of inventory on hand
* Answers the pharmacy window and telephone, manages the charging and crediting of medications and emergency cart medication maintenance
The Pharmacy Technician reports to the Staff Pharmacists, Pharmacy Supervisor, Manager Pharmacy, and the Director Pharmacy.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
May be exposed to some compounds that have been classified as Hazardous by OSHA and have been demonstrated to cause cancers and birth defects in humans and animals. This is particularly important in areas that provide sterile products compounding (which may include chemotherapy), and investigational drug distribution. Hazards are minimal if safety precautions are utilized.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* 25 wpm typing
* Current Permit or formal training as a Pharmacy Technician preferred
* Permit issued by the Oklahoma State Board of Pharmacy must be received within 1 week of hire
* Phase I Training must be completed within 1 week of hire and Phase II Training must be ongoing or complete
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English
IMH Spencer Only:
* This job requires the incumbent(s) to operate a INTEGRIS-owned vehicle OR personal vehicle (non INTEGRIS-owned) and therefore must have a current Oklahoma State Driver's License as well as a driving record which is acceptable to our insurance carrier
Apply on company website