Quality Assurance Reviewer - Quality & Infection Prevention - INTEGRIS
Job Code: 1880
The Quality Assurance Reviewer performs admission certification and continued stay reviews. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Quality Assurance Reviewer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Reviews charts of patients for compliance and reports concerns to the medical staff
* Collects data from medical record for computerized severity adjustment system
* Assists physicians in their peer review activities and coordinates data gathering efforts
* Collaborates with physicians and committee members in developing and performing focused reviews
* Assists in developing criteria for procedures done by the physicians and in developing indicators to be used by the departments in identifying outliers
* Identifies inpatients for case review with the use of the Patient Classification System
* Identifies selected inpatient medical records for compliance with established certification criteria
* Prepares statistical reports for the Utilization Review Subcommittee from various source documents and provides conclusions based upon the reports.
* Maintains accurate and complete records of quality and performance improvement policies, activities, and outcomes.
* Oversees CMS and UNOS survey readiness and performance improvement plans post survey
* Assists in the identification and development of policies and procedures that improve the safety of patients and staff.
* Acts as the Transplant QAPI Coordinator and Transplant Safety Officer.
The Quality Assurance Reviewer reports to assigned Manager or Director.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office conditions.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* Oklahoma RN licensure within 90 days of hire or RHIA with knowledge of Peer Review Organization requirements and hospital related applications and quality assurance background, or current Radiation Technologist licensure. (Excludes NZTI)
* 3 years current clinical nursing experience, critical care nursing experience preferred.
* 3 years experience in medical records with 1 year of chart review for Utilization Review/Quality Assurance auditing.
OR Radiation Technologist:
* 5 years Radiation Technologist experience, Cath Lab experience preferred.
OR NZTI Only:
* Bachelor's degree in related field
* 3 year experience in in a healthcare setting to include 1 year of quality assurance experience.
* Transplant experience preferred.
Apply on company website