Teacher - Childrens Place - INTEGRIS Baptist Medical Center
Teaches and cares for a designated group of children, implements a developmentally appropriate program that addresses the cognitive, emotional, and social needs of each child while maintaining a safe, healthy and stimulating learning environment.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Teaches and cares using techniques in accordance with National Association for the Education of Young Children Developmentally Appropriate Practice
* Exchanges daily information with families concerning the needs and progress of each child as well as biannual family conferences
* Uses appropriate tools to assess individual development and creates lesson plans accordingly
* Provides a variety of developmentally appropriate activities and materials with increasing difficulty, complexity, and challenge as the children develop
* Provides nurturance, care and emotional support while complying with Health Department, Department of Human Services and USDA-CACFP
Reports to the Manager of Operations and the Director Children's Place
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):
Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Medium (Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, or 10 to 25 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
Must be able to assume frequent squatting positions including crawling, bending and kneeling at least 50% of the scheduled work time.
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Health risks include probable exposure to diseases transmitted by oral-fecal route; works in an environment filled with items (toys, small furniture, etc.) providing numerous opportunities for slipping and falling. Exposed to continuous noise up to 90 decibels. Constant exposure to over-crowding and noxious odors. No provision of adult size furniture in classroom. Frequent exposure to outside weather conditions. Changes soiled diapers and clothing on a regular basis.
Job Code: 6909
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* 18 years of age and a High School diploma or equivalent
* Vocational Certification, CDA or higher education degree preferred
* Minimum of 6 months experience of formal or DHS licensed group care with ages 0-5 years
* Must complete 6 credit hours per year towards Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education or Childhood Development.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
Apply on company website