Req ID: 34881
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: High school or vocational school completed
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
In this vital role you will be recognized as a key Configuration Management resource within the company. Through partnering with Intelsat Inflight's Engineering teams you will maintain the integrity of configuration control.
Your activities will range from administration of the Product Lifecycle Management tool, status accounting, to performing training. If you desire to be a part of a team that has a daily impact on company success, this is a great opportunity for you.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Configuration Management: Uphold the integrity and traceability of Intelsat configured items and ensure the adequacy of the policies
- Risk Management: Proactively identifying, interpreting and working to mitigate on-going process verification, validation, and adoption of improvements
- Regulatory Compliance:
Can you drive these processes?
- Maintain robust configuration management of items, data, documents and substantiation materials.
- Administer Product Lifecycle Management tool (Oracle Agile PLM)
- Coordinate communication and collaboration between internal teams and suppliers on configuration changes
- Provide Product Lifecycle Management tool training to members of the origination, customers and suppliers
- Produce regular reporting and analysis relating to configuration change management
- Perform Configuration Status Accounting, analysis and update configuration databases and files.
You should definitely have:
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years' experience with of demonstrated experience in configuration management processes for hardware or software
- Strong team and personnel development skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with Oracle Agile PLM
- Strong understanding of ISO10007
- Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent training
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company, recently acquired by Intelsat, the world's largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy, Metra and L-friendly environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website