Req ID: 34104
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a vital role in the creation and upkeep of all Automated and Manual testing endeavors. As an integral part of the release cycle, you will partner with developers, internal business owners, and other departments to define and influence the overall performance of our products.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Work with System design, product, and development to build testing and validation test plans.
- Collaborate with product, design and broader engineering team on feature and functionality definitions.
- Use product requirements, system engineering requirements and BDD/TDD test techniques to translate requirements into testcases.
- Identify and drive the implementation of best in class testing best practices.
- Share your technical expertise and provide risk assessments in the various design, test plan, quality, and capability readiness reviews.
Can you drive these processes?
- Design test plans, create schedules, execute test cases (manual and automated) and provide regular status updates on QA activities.
- Execute procedures that validate product features, using test plans and functional specifications, based on the system requirements.
- Work with the cross functional teams to resolve issues found throughout the SDLC and provide detailed test execution records.
- Maintain accurate QA metrics/dashboards, participate in quality reviews, and identify improvement opportunities.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline with 3+ years of work experience
- Use of test management and defect management tools like Zephyr and JIRA.
- Working knowledge on CI tools like Jenkins to align with Dev-Ops Deployment process.
- Experience with large-scale multi-tiered systems and service-oriented architecture, third-party cloud-based testing.
- Understanding of modern web application architecture utilizing decoupled modules and independent subsystems.
- Demonstrated ability to establish priorities and balance multiple objectives.
- Strong attention to detail & ability to work in a self-directed environment.
It would be nice if you had:
- System Engineering and system integration experience a plus.
- Telecommunications experience a plus.
- Knowledge on scripting languages such as Python or Ruby a plus
- Good understanding of databases with some experience with SQL and NoSQL.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company, recently acquired by Intelsat, the world's largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy, Metra and L-friendly environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website