Req ID: 33447
Travel: Less than 20%
London, LND, GB, W4 5YF
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Manager, Asset Provisioning
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Lead and manage the Asset Management Provisioning team for the assigned fleet in the coordination and implementation of capacity plans, transitions and various other projects. Ensure that satellite configuration is optimized to maintain an operational environment which supports the designated role and beam strategy. Recommend and implement changes that ensure that service performance meets customers' expectations
Working autonomously, coordinate cross-functional projects and communicate decisions and analyses to relevant stakeholders.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Are you up to the challenge?
- Nurture a positive/growth first environment where individuals maximize their strengths and come together as a team.
- Ensure accurate modeling of operational environment per satellite in coordination with Asset Management Planning, Spectrum strategy and Systems & Tools organizations.
- Recommend to the Asset Management Planning team measures to optimize and maintain the operating environment to derive the highest performance for our assets.
- Coordinate the configuration of spacecraft payload to support commercial opportunities and support an optimal noise environment.
- Command Epic assets to configure transponders as required by commercial opportunities.
- Analyze, approve, and issue transmission plan updates for customer leases and recommend optimization if appropriate.
- Maintain accuracy of service loading in the inventory system at the link level.
- Assess customer performance as stated in transmission plans and recommend corrective measures when necessary.
- Coordinate and implement tactical & strategic grooming projects which optimize utilization of satellite capacity.
- Support the Network Operations center to resolve interference events which impact customer services or impair inventory for sale which includes on-call duties on a periodic basis.
- Support Asset Management Planning in the preparation and implementation of transition projects.
- Lead various plans and activities as required.
- Communicate with stakeholders on the status/assignment and expected completion of incoming tasks.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Electrical, Communications Engineering, Physics, Math or equivalent.
- At least ten years of relevant experience in satellite telecommunications.
- Expert level proficiency with satellite link budgets and tools.
- Dedicated customer focus to achieve win-win outcomes.
- Desire and ability to work in a highly collaborative environment which includes cross-functional teams and requires flexibility to assume lead or support roles.
- Knowledge of satellite transmission engineering and regulatory constraints for the FSS industry, expertise in satellite payload performance and earth station performance.
- Effective interpersonal skills and well-developed communication skills (oral, written, listening).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to effectively manage competing priorities and handle multiple projects independently.
- Willingness to occasionally work additional hours. Also, please note this role and it's direct reports are considered “On-call positions”.
- Computer literacy with MS Office, Excel and PowerPoint
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the telecoms landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job
- This role requires you to sit for long periods of time and work with a computer
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website