Req ID: 34701
Travel: Less than 10%
Atlanta, GA, US, 30294
Education: Two years of college or technical school
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a Teleport Manager, you will provide site leadership and be responsible for managing staff execution in a 24 x 7 environment. You will lead a team which is responsible for responding to emergency and non-emergency service requests, maintaining site infrastructure and supporting customer service and infrastructure delivery. You will ensure your team operates within Intelsat best practices and standards and be an active participant in evolving best practices based on lessons learned. You will set site standards that meet or exceed mean time to restore service benchmarks. As the site manager you will be the face of Intelsat at the facility and represent Intelsat when customers, local officials and vendors visit the site. Your team will consist of Field Service Technicians (FST) whose primary focus is 24 x 7 operations and system maintenance and repair, and Field Service Engineers (FSE) whose primary focus is supporting infrastructure upgrade and deployment projects and on-call support for FSTs. Your team will be the remote smart hands supporting customer projects and provisioning activities.
In the role of Teleport Manager, you and your team will work in collaboration internally within Network Operations and across the organization working with Network Engineering, Facilities, Logistics, IT and Customer Solutions Engineering
Are you up to the challenge?
- Provide oversight and guidance to staff when investigating deviations to service availability caused by safety, security, equipment degradation, ground system failure, potential loss of facility system support, or other local conditions resulting in potential loss of revenues or increase risk to business operations.
- Oversee service performance monitoring and activities of shift staff, which includes maintenance, repair and operation of station equipment to ensure its maximum availability for operational requirements.
- Oversee activities and tasks that support the deployment of new equipment and upgrades of existing equipment
- Ensure that all station services are performed in compliance with local health and safety, and regulatory laws.
- Coordinate analysis of problems with services and equipment to determine, document, and submits root cause reports.
- Manage and ensures practical training to station staff in Intelsat & Teleport Operations Policies, operational best practices & procedures, and the repair & maintenance of the equipment.
- Ensure documentation and record keeping requirements and standards are practiced and enforced (operational calendars, daily reports, incident reports, station logs, ticket information, etc.)
- Responsible for overseeing corrective actions to restore services and performance of removal and replacement of hardware and software modifications on station equipment as directed.
- Provide staff coaching and create training and development plans for site staff to ensure required skills are maintained and support individual development and growth
- Work closely with Intelsat Corporate Service and Real Estate Department in local legal matters, and in the role of “landlord” providing administrative and logic support for teleport tenants consistent with lease terms
Can you drive these processes?
Team building, efficiency, resource management, activity scheduling
You should definitely have:
- Associate Degree (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience), with a minimum of seven years of relevant experience working in a Teleport or like facility.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships within a team and the ability to motivate members of the team.
- Must be able to accept responsibility and make timely and appropriate decisions with good but often limited information.
- Experience in providing technical supervision and guidance in a 24x7 operational environment.
- Must be operationally driven with strong attention to detail.
- Technical and operational understanding of RF theory, earth station systems and associated sub-systems (basic electronics, antenna drive systems, High Power Amplifiers, up/down converters, fiber optic sub-systems, baseband systems, IP technologies and video technologies/systems.
- Working knowledge of ancillary plant systems such as HVAC, UPS, electrical switchgear and generating systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of industry standard test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, frequency counters, power meters, synthesized generators, oscilloscopes, video wave form meters, multimeters, microwave network analyzers, network analyzers, bit error rate test sets.
- Experience with domestic or international uplinking and downlinking of managed or internal services (data, media/video, TT&C, mobility).
- Must be able to interpret and analyze technical information to guide technical resolution of emergency and non-emergency service issues and equipment conditions.
- Aptitude towards learning new technologies
- Excellent communications skills, including the ability to convey complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical individuals.
It would be nice if you had:
- Strong attention to detail with excellent time management skills.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Atlanta
Apply on company website