Req ID: 33948
Travel: Less than 20%
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams, and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As Manager, Media Engineering, you will be responsible for leading a dedicated Media Engineering team at the forefront of implementing and supporting Intelsat's Media Infrastructure and Managed Media Services portfolio. You will provide the front-line leadership and expertise required for requirements analysis, planning, architecture, design, deployment, implementation, testing, and technical documentation.
We are looking for a strategic expert that is familiar with the integration of existing and emerging Media Transport & Media Delivery technology trends, who can provide advanced technical leadership for continued growth, while providing subject matter expertise on Media products and services to Intelsat Business Units and Product Management teams. You will represent the team in the establishment of budgets, forecasting and maintenance of Capex/Opex, as well as in the interaction with Intelsat upstream and downstream teams to define detailed Statement of Work (SOW) documentation. Finally, the team is responsible for providing Tier-3 escalation support for all Media Infrastructure and Media Services.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Lead the team in requirements analysis, planning, architecture, design, deployment, implementation, testing, and technical documentation of Intelsat Media Infrastructure and Managed Media Services portfolio
- Ensure that all design applies consistent methodology and industry best practices to deliver a stable and secure network infrastructure that can be effectively operated by the Operations teams
- Collaborate extensively with Network Engineering & Operations teams to align the network design/architecture and topology to the organization's business plan
- Ensure the Media Engineering team has a strategic vision and roadmap that incorporates future technology development as well as strong vendor ecosystem, infrastructure, and service life cycle management
- Develop Capex and Opex budget plans based on the roadmap, infrastructure & service life cycle, and business requirements
- Manage Statement of Work (SOW) processes, ensuring that final documentation is provided through a standardized process to ensure the greatest work efficiency.
- Work closely with Finance, Engineering, and other applicable departments to ensure the profitability of all project designs
- Manage complex network upgrades, considering impact to infrastructure alongside customer operations
- Hires and develops new employees, delegates work, and holds direct reports accountable for their performance within their defined roles and responsibilities.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and management of direct reports, ensuring each employee receives the professional development required to allow them to succeed in either the management track or as an individual contributor
- Enhance training materials and deliver ongoing training to Network Engineering and Operations teams
Can you drive these processes?
- Represent the department as part of the Network Engineering leadership team
- Ensure that all projects follow procedural guidelines, meet operational requirements to drive and meet project timelines while maintaining quality deliverables and documentation
- Act as the point of contact for management escalation for your team providing Tier-3 support
- Document and comply with recordkeeping procedures
- Manage the Capex and Opex budgets for the Media Engineering team
You should have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline with at least seven years of Media Engineering experience and at least three years Networking experience (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience)
- Subject matter expertise in at least one of the following disciplines: Media Transport or OTT Video Delivery
- Experience with MPEG-2, MPEG-4 (H.264), and HEVC (H.265) compression formats and Transport streams
- Experience with Video standards transport protocols including, but not limited to; SMPTE 259, 292, 424 2022-1, 2022-2, 2022-7, and TR101-290
- Experience with building, testing, and installing equipment and cabling associated with IP, Video, and RF equipment in a lab and/or production environment
- Exposure to TCP/IP protocols including, but not limited to; Ethernet, 802.1Q/AD, IS-IS, and BGP
- Experience with encryption technologies used in MCPC platforms
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
- Ability to analyze complex situations, utilizes creative problem-solving, efficiently interacts with peers.
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with using virtualization and/or containers to scale compute, network, and application resources
- Scripting or Programming skills are highly desirable
- Knowledge of software implementation and/or application deployment practices
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- Must be able and willing to travel domestically and internationally
- You will seek out areas of duplication and inefficiency within the team's domain and present how those areas can benefit from an optimized design or enhanced infrastructure architecture
- You will interact with Intelsat upstream and downstream teams to define detailed Statement of Work (SOW) documentation
- Job requires ability to sit for long periods of time
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website