Req ID: 34064
Travel: 50% or more
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As Senior Sales Director, you are a pro at identifying, developing and managing new and ongoing business opportunities for media companies based in the United States and Canada for the provision of Media/Telecom data related services.
Your primary mission is to market Intelsat products and services to meet needs of Media customers in developing and existing areas of video distribution. You faced significant sales quotas in the past and are looking for a new challenge.
Are you up to the challenge?
- You are familiar with the state-of-the-art technologies pertinent to the distribution of video and follow the latest trends by reading industry literature and attending conferences. You share important market intelligence with the Sales and Product teams.
- You are the Go-To person for your assigned existing customers. You liaise with multiple key contacts within the customer organization including executives from IT, Satellite and Emerging Distribution Technology.
- You confidently identify and approach new business opportunities with challenger sales mentality, driving Media revenue.
- You provide insights and teach customers new ways of solving problems while remaining comfortable having difficult conversations.
- You foster the relationship with assigned customer, taking proactive action via customer visits and verbal/written communication to encourage timely renewals of services and promote upsell opportunities.
- You understand basic accounting, marketing and financial principles and can confidently converse about financial matters.
Can you drive these processes?
You provide a regular report to your Manager on the status of your projects/accounts and update the information on Sales.Force.com.
You know by heart Intelsat's products and sales services applicable for your customers.
You identify and coordinate any technical assistance to facilitate the establishment of capacity requirements for customer base.
You should definitely have:
- You have a University Degree with at least 7 years of experience in selling IP based video content distribution and/or cloud-based services.
- You have proven experience selling high value, high revenue, complex sales to executives of operations and engineering executives.
- You are experienced in selling technology solutions into major media companies (e.g. Disney, Fox, Discovery, etc) based in the US.
- You have a strong media industry knowledge and contacts.
- You can attest of a solid working knowledge of current media industry technology.
- You are fluent in English.
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of an additional language.
- Experience selling satellite communications and/or software.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Apply on company website