Req ID: 33683
Travel: Less than 10%
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 3 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play an integral role in developing Embedded Software for new aircraft hardware Line Replaceable Units (LRUs) and ensuring these units meeting internal, industry standards. You should have the desire to work with cross functional teams and vendors to ensure Intelsat is incorporating the latest technology and building the best product possible.
You will be responsible for full-process development on a variety of different projects involving multiple coding and scripting languages like Java, C, C++, Python, etc. As part of a small (1-6 person) multi-disciplinary engineering team, you and the other software engineer(s) will have full responsibility for product development from requirements refining to shipping. You must have the ability to meaningfully communicate with members of all engineering disciplines (Hardware, RF, Software, System Engineering)
Are you up to the challenge?
- Be a leader of system integration efforts ensuring hardware and software compatibility across different Subsystem.
- Collaborate with Product owner and Software Development to create a development environment for Customers to build and integrate software on.
- Take pride in owning the functionality of inflight connectivity laboratory systems at multiple sites.
- Demonstrate a proactive attitude towards identifying and resolving new development, sustaining engineering, and/or system integration issues.
- You must possess knowledge in (or an interest in) microprocessor-based hardware design.
- Working in a small project team, your tasks will often involve hands-on interaction with product hardware for developing and debugging.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are important.
- You must have an excellent understanding of real-time embedded software design and be proficient in Linux, C, C++, Python, Go and other software languages and operating systems.
- Agile software development and/or git/Jira experience is a plus.
- A good understanding of various Virtualization and Containerization (Docker) technology is must.
- Knowledgeable in TCP/IP protocol stack on Various Linux distributions.
Can you drive these processes?
Foster DevOps mindset by staying ahead of technology curve to go all in to keep customer environment on a Continuous Integration (CI) green
Embrace the Scaled Agile Framework for Enterprise (SAFe) by being an active participant during Program Increments.
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Engineering.
- 4+ years of experience in one or more; Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or other relative experience
- Understand Cloud based Technology to implement concepts.
- Have a deep knowledge of Network technologies.
- Expert knowledge of Linux Eco system,
- Exhibit understanding Packet Processing engine on Linux stack.
- Programming Knowledge on C/C++,
It would be nice if you had:
- •Experience with Agile development methodology and JIRA
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Other Job Info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website