Req ID: 34302
Travel: Less than 30%
Paumalu, HI, US, 96712
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Reporting to the Teleport Manager, the Senior Station Engineer, Paumalu for Intelsat General Communications (IGC) partners with a team of engineers and technicians operating and maintaining scientific and telecommunications sites on the island of Oahu.
Are you up to the challenge?
• Apply knowledge of systems engineering sciences of complex scientific systems to detect and predict space anomalies, which impact the delivery of precise signal transmission and measurement.
• to perform research and development efforts in system requirements definition and development
• system integration and testing
• system architecture development
• remote instrument control technology, and
• calibration equipment and processes as applied to large complex atmospheric research and satellite calibration systems;
• Perform concept development efforts utilizing state-of-the-art technology
• Develop and implement engineering solutions at multiple sites involving RF systems and large antenna structures up to 30m
• Work both independently and collaboratively with the team to deliver on initiatives
• Assist with facilities maintenance and repair including building, electrical, water, and HVAC
• Interface with subcontractors to ensure work is compliant with specifications
• Ensure adherence to Statements of Work
• Work directly with IGC customers to support the delivery of services and initiatives
You should definitely have:
• A 4-year degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university, or the equivalent.
• A minimum of 5-years demonstrable experience in working with complex RF calibration ground terminals
• Experience working at precise RF calibration research ground terminal facility utilizing large apertures (>60ft).
• Demonstrable experience maintaining inflatable radomes.
• Good organizational, multi-tasking and team player skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with a focus on customers, teamwork and collaboration
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite
• Must be a US Citizen with current DoD-granted Top Secret security clearance with the eligibility of SCI
• The ability to resolve technically challenging problems.
• The ability to travel locally to support NRL owned antennas.
It would be nice if you had:
• Knowledge of network protocols and concepts
• Knowledge of facility systems such as HVAC, UPS, electrical switchgear and generating systems.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including DTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Must be a US Citizen with current DoD-granted Top Secret security clearance with the eligibility of SCI
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Honolulu
Nearest Secondary Market: Hawaii
Apply on company website