Req ID: 33961
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
The Intelsat Commercial Aviation user experience engineering team builds exciting web applications including our in-flight Video Application, our commercial and consumer applications, and our in-flight portals for our airline partners. We're looking for passionate developers who thrive on continuous innovation.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Use your web development skills and quickly build a working knowledge around both airline consumer as well as operations software that delights customers.
- Showcase your software development skills to build high-quality software products and associated test suites uniquely tailored for the airline industry.
- Use your first-rate organization and communication skills to manage and report on your progress.
- Use and expand your strong knowledge of existing development languages, IDEs, and methodologies to cover and enrich the extensive collection used at Intelsat.
Can you drive these processes?
- Conduct requirements analysis, architectural and detail design, coding, implementation, testing and maintenance for airline based web applications.
- Collaborate with other developers on the various software implementation tasks and participate actively in that implementation.
- Identify and resolve systems software and hardware issues, also identifying and implementing process improvements.
- Participate in planning and scheduling all tasks especially in an Agile/SAFe organization.
- Produce appropriate specifications and support documentation for applications in development.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related area.
- One (1) years industry professional experience (Higher considered based on qualifications).
- Experience in Agile Software Development.
- Experience with user experience (UX) design.
- Experience with automation testing such as Selenium/Cypress.
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment.
It would be nice if you had:
- Three (3) or more years industry professional experience.
- One (1) or more years professional experience with automation testing in Selenium/Cypress.
- One (1) or more years professional experience with cloud technologies such as AWS/Azure.
- Strong desire to watch YouTube videos of airplanes taking off and landing!
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Other Job Info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website