Req ID: 34602
Chennai, TN, IN, 600089
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company has an exciting opportunity for a Software Engineer role who will help us design and develop our next generation airline services platform. You will be part of the team that is building a globally deployed platform for our customers using some best-in-class software technologies.
Are you up to the challenge?
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong Core Java skills and a solid understanding of building, testing and deploying micro-services. Primary responsibilities will include design, develop and test globally deployed cloud based micro-services solutions with high availability. Be responsible for current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process improvements. Work with micro-services teams on RESTful API designs - assist with future scripted API's and websocket investigations.
Can you drive these processes?
- Design and develop globally deployed cloud based micro-services solutions with high availability.
- Be responsible for current software development practices and principles to identify and implement process improvements.
- Work with micro-services teams on RESTful API designs - assist with future scripted API's and websocket investigations
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 7 - 10 years of experience in systems implementation with a focus on both custom web/mobile application development & commercial software systems implementations; along with experience in multiple technical disciplines required (development, QA, devops, etc)
- Solid experience with SQL/NoSQL and cloud based technologies.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a larger global development team in agile.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and demonstrate commitment to excellence for the continuous improvement of our products, code base, processes, and tools.
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) work environments
It would be nice if you had:
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including Leave Benefits, medical and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company, recently acquired by Intelsat, the world's largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Other Job Info:
These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Apply on company website