Req ID: 34661
Travel: Less than 10%
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will coach and lead a team of Product Management professionals to analyze, define and bring to market the leading portfolio of Inflight Entertainment & Connectivity solutions and services. You should have a demonstrated history of new Product Development and continuous in-service differentiation through product evolution and extension.
Reporting up to the CA President, you guide the CA division's product strategy through cross functional partnerships, regular customer interactions and a market-based approach to solution design & delivery.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Collaborate to define the product roadmap and bring to market a portfolio of connectivity-centric solutions and services for airlines and passengers, including satellite terminals & antenna systems, in-cabin avionics hardware and networking, as well as passenger experience and operational software solutions.
- Analyze market, industry and technology trends to effectively partner with technical innovation teams in transforming the landscape for Inflight Connectivity.
- Drive continuous improvement of end-to-end solution performance, partnering with technical teams, airline stakeholders and industry partners to stay ahead of trends which drive demand while bringing high performance home/office connectivity to the sky.
- Guide the Product Management function to continuously evolve the processes for product requirements definition, initiative prioritization, minimum viable product market entry and in-service product enhancements using lean-agile principles and a customer centered approach focused on value recovery and on-time delivery.
- Create key strategic industry partnerships that will help Intelsat accelerate deployment and broaden distribution of its in-flight connectivity and entertainment solutions and ensure scalable monetization and operational management of all key Gogo assets.
- Build a Product Management powerhouse, develop your team of professionals by building a culture that recognizes and rewards based on merit, values effective and transparent feedback and demonstrates mastery of processional craft and way of working. You will relentlessly encourage personal and professional growth, enable interdepartmental bridging and drive a focus on outcome achievement over personal bias and the allure of the status quo.
- Act as chair of the Commercial Aviation portfolio and initiative management cohort using Lean Portfolio Management techniques to provide senior executive and cross functional leaders with a prioritized list of product and innovation investment initiatives. You will successful if such investment options are prioritized using objective techniques such as Cost of Delay and Weighted Shortest Job First.
Can you drive these processes?
- Continuous elaboration and refinement of strategic themes, initiatives (epics), features.
- Product & obsolescence strategy, Portfolio Prioritization and Management
- Functional leadership of Product Management business unit specific Product Marketing
You should definitely have:
- Candidates will possess an undergraduate in business, data communications, information systems / networks, economics or other related focus.
- 12+ year experience career leading a team of professional knowledge workers.
- Experience working in and implementing and improving organizations using structured frameworks based on lean-agile principles such as Lean Manufacturing, Scaled Agile Framework, Validated Learning, Empiricism and Systems Thinking.
- Experience working in international markets and in multicultural environments
- Problem-solver obsessed by the end-result and the customer experience
- Outstanding relationship building and interpersonal skills, the ability to pull people together in pursuit of common outcomes and objectives.
It would be nice if you had:
- A graduate degree in a technically related field or Master of Business Administration
- Experience working with distributed teams in separate geographies.
- Experience in the telecommunications, satellite and/or aviation sectors.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website