Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
Listed examples are illustrative and representative of the tasks required of this position and are not intended to be complete or exclusive.
- Answer all telephone calls. Receptionist must be available to greet and sign in clients and colleagues
- Open and distribute mail, packages and courier deliveries to final point of contact
- Arrangement of lunches for on-site events, client meetings, training and seminars. Upon request
- Responsible for ordering office supplies when requested
- Responsible for ordering kitchen supplies when required
- Responsible for the collection of cheques, maintenance of cheque log and ensuring it is sent to our Montreal Credit and Collections department for submission to the bank.
- Responsible for the telephone directory list and keeping it updated if new employees arrive or leave.
- Preparation of urchase orders using the MRP system
- Data entry, collection of information related to purchase orders, tracking of site expenses etc.
- Assist with forecasting and month end reports
- Assist with receiving product and invoice coding and approval
- Setting up conference room(s) for visitors and in-house meetings
- Ensuring that project files are maintained appropriately
- Prepare courier/air/ocean shipping paperwork including Bills of Lading, Airway Bills, Customs Docs.
- Maintaining a high level of confidentiality and using discretion when necessary
- Participating in the development and implementation of business goals and objectives
- Performing other work as required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 4-6 directly related experience
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Effective business writing an composition skills with a good command of the English language
- Ability to analyze and problem solve
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Detail Oriented
- Ability to type quickly and accurately
- Microsoft Office software expertise
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website