Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification (ATIC) solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Working at Intertek means joining a global network of state-of-the-art facilities and passionate people who deliver superior customer service with a purpose of bringing quality, safety, and sustainability to life.
The Building & Construction team provides assurance, testing, inspection, and certification services and building science solutions to deliver Total Quality Assurance to the built environment. The team offers the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site.
The Administrative Assistant will support the Environmental Building & Construction business in our Schenectady New York location, by performing a full range of administrative duties.
- Create various documents, spreadsheets, etc. utilizing Microsoft Office Software.
- Perform various general office duties including faxing, copying, mailing, filing, etc.
- Research a wide variety of information requests.
- May assist with developing, updating and/or reviewing local operating procedures and/ or work instructions.
- Generation of Project and Lab reports and data entry into excel spreadsheets.
- Generation of client invoices
- Accounts payable invoice approvals.
- Assistance with marketing and phone calls.
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in an Administrative role is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent prioritization, organization, and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to plan, organize, and complete a variety of projects within established standards, objectives, and time frames.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website