Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
EWA-Canada, An Intertek Company, is comprised of a group of people whose collective knowledge of all aspects of cybersecurity is widely recognized as world-class. With over 30 years of experience, we have a client base in 20 countries around the globe. Our success is based on the significant expertise of our team and their use of a structured and vendor-neutral approach to IT security evaluation and information assurance services. Located in Ottawa, we offer attractive compensation and benefits packages and an excellent work environment.
We are seeking an experienced, knowledgeable, and motivated person with a strong interest in overseeing a team of highly skilled cybersecurity analysts. The team is tasked with analyzing and testing telecommunications equipment and services against cyber threats.
- Living up to our customer promise, delivering Total Quality Assurance, consistently with precision, pace and passion.
- In coordination with the lab manager and lab director, responsible for a project implementation plan, the management of lab team members, ensuring technical competence, and quality.
- Ensure and demonstrate that program security review objectives are met
- Develop and implement new test methods in order to deliver on our goal of continuous improvement.
- Motivating the team and assessing performance.
- Produce regular program reports
- Monitor and assess impacts of program changes
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of local and remote laboratory facilities
- Ensure policies and procedures are followed to ensure the protection of intellectual property and data integrity within the lab
Skills and Qualifications:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in an IT, computer science, or engineering related field, or equivalent work experience
- Excellent knowledge of computer programming, software engineering, or equivalent
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with static source code analysis, dynamic analysis
- Knowledge of software security and software vulnerability assessment.
- 10 years of experience in cyber security with 3 years of experience in project management
- Excellent English writing skills
- Good English oral communication skills, ability to articulate technical findings to customers, peers, and management
- Must be able and willing to work occasional overtime
- The successful candidate will be subject to a security investigation and will need to meet eligibility requirements for Top Secret clearance in Canada.
- Must be a good team player
- Knowledge of wireless technologies such as WCDMA, LTE, and 5G.
- Familiarity with security testing tools
- Familiarity with GitLab and JIRA
- Technical knowledge of Operating Systems (Windows/Linux), Networking, and Web technologies
- Scripting experience with Python, Ruby, BASH, or PowerShell is a plus
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
EWA-Canada, an Intertek company, offers a salary and benefits package competitively placed with the local market. We promote a culture where motivated customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. Medical, Prescription, Dental, Vision, and Disability Insurance plans; RRSP plan with company match; paid time off (vacation; sick holiday); Employee Assistance Program (EAP); Tuition Reimbursement, and more.
EWA-Canada, an Intertek company encourages applications from all qualified candidates. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies.
Apply on company website