PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Environmental Project Scientist to join our Building and Construction team in Orlando, FL.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
*The positon will require travel up to 50% of the time as The Project Scientist will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing Environmental Projects in Jacksonville and the North Florida Region.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing Environmental Site Assessments -Phase I/II and III Experience
- Managing FDEP projects
- Managing Soil and Groundwater Assessments
- Managing UST and LUST projects
- Managing soil gas and vapor intrusion investigations
- Ability to prepare technical proposal and reports
- Ability to communicate with clients and regulators to keep projects moving and on schedule
- Ability to self-manage and make decisions during all phases of a project
- Ability to manage and control project budgets and build solid relationship with clients.
Essential Requirements & Qualifications:
- Requires a technical degree – Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, or Geology.
- Minimum of 3 - 8 years of related experience
- Professional registration/certification is desired in one's discipline is desired
- Ability to travel 50% of the time
- Must be able to perform tasks in varying field/loffice conditions.
- Must be computer literate and able to operate most field/office equipment relating to one's discipline.
- Strong technical proposal and report writing abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.LI-EW
Apply on company website