Ranked #15 on the 2020 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
What are we looking for?
Intertek is actively seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our team in Arlington Heights, IL. The ideal candidate will have strong consultative, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
How you'll make an impact at Intertek:
- Analyze business and financial results to identify key drivers of variances, opportunities, and risks including pricing, cost, cash flow, capital and return of investments.
- Develop models, metrics, and reports to be used by management and operational groups to analyze business.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget, quarterly outlook, and monthly forecast.
- Assess investment appraisal opportunities and analyze capital expenditures requests accordingly.
- Support financial and operational reporting and analysis to finance and business line management.
- Work with finance team to complete financial reporting, including preparation of MD&A, variance explanation, and margin analysis.
- Work with collection and accounts payable management to analyze results and identify areas of working capital improvement.
- Prepare supporting documents and participate in periodic business review meetings to discuss financial performance and operational/financial KPIs.
- Work with operations to prepare capital expenditure request documentation. Provide summary of request and expected return on investment.
- Track and reconcile all capital expenditure purchases and disposals.
- Manage daily/weekly/monthly reporting preparation and submission.
What it takes to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting / Finance
- 5 years of related financial analysis experience.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience providing financial support to a multi-location business
- Solid understanding of accounting and capital budgeting
- Proficiency in Microsoft tools
- Strong consultative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Assertive when required, with the ability to listen and make decisions
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Know when to be detail oriented and when to have a big picture perspective
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Must be able to prioritize projects and/or business needs based on requirements and objectives
- Commercial and cultural awareness; cross-functional collaboration skills
- Persuasive character with the highest levels of integrity
- This role may require up to 10% travel
- CPA, CMA or MBA a plus
- Cognos or PeopleSoft reporting system experience a plus
Why work at Intertek?
Intertek is a world leader in the $250 billion Quality Assurance market, with a proven, high-quality business model and a global network of customer-focused operations and highly engaged subject matter experts. At Intertek, we exercise our spirit of innovation, the passion of our people and our unmatched customer commitment to realize our purpose of making the world an ever better, safer, and more sustainable place for all. Learn more about Our History and What We Do.
Intertek is committed to a safe work environment for our employees and clients. Learn more about our COVID-19 Policy.
What we have to offer:
When Working with Intertek, you can expect salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Intertek believes that Our People are our strongest tool for success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, or who need assistance applying, please email email@example.com or call 1-877-694-8543 (option #5) to speak with a member of the HR Department.
Apply on company website