IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
This role is an ideal stepping-stone for new college grads. You will have training and development to plan and progress your long-term career in the direction you choose. And you will not have to do it alone – you will have dedicated mentoring and development opportunities to help shape your future and improve your skills.
Award winning and innovative, we will give you access to cutting-edge in-house technology, allowing you to work on global projects and across therapeutic areas. Biostatisticians will also be working on programming from scratch with the ability to create new code, discover different opportunities and – unusually for a non-clinical role – make a real impact on patient health.
Biostatisticians projects vary, your typical responsibilities and opportunities might include:
- Develop analysis plans, table shells, programming and table specifications; produce tables, listings and figures; perform data review and statistical analysis.
- Programming aspects of a clinical trial, from files to tables and listings
- Assist with protocol development and protocol and case report form (CRF) review.
- Advise data management staff on database design and critical data. May advise on validation checks.
- Assist in writing statistical sections of integrated reports.
- Assist project lead in fulfilling project responsibilities.
- Understand the Scope of Work, budget and quote assumptions, estimate the work completed, and manage scope for single studies. May manage project budget and resource requirements and provide revenue and resource forecasts for single studies, under supervision.
- Provide guidance to lower level and/or new staff.
- Under supervision, act as statistical team lead.
Biostatisticians will need to be comfortable collaborating and communicating with a variety of colleagues, often teammates located in different parts of the world. You will also have the opportunity to attend weekly forums discussing SAS and relevant courses – all with the potential to grow your career into more technical or managerial roles.
- Identify and record process or quality problems and bring them to the attention of a senior team member
- May coordinate, schedule and submit safety reports to regulatory authorities, marketing authorization holders, investigators, customers and operations team in accordance with deadlines
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- A Master's degree or PhD in mathematics, biostatistics, statistics, public health with a graduation date between December 2018 and May 2019
- Biostatisticians need Basic knowledge of Base SAS, SAS/STAT, and SAS Graph
- Excellent written & oral communication skills including grammatical/ technical writing skills
- Computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective time management and organizational skills
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for such an accommodation.
Apply on company website