Symitar, a Jack Henry & Associates division, is looking for a Credit Union Technical Support Supervisor to join our 24/7 Episys Technical Support group.
The ideal candidate will possess strong working knowledge of financial institution environments, as they will provide direct supervision to the day, evening, and weekend operations of technical support personnel who provide Episys product support to customers via the telephone and/or internet. This team utilizes Episys product knowledge to ensure the highest level of service to resolve the customer's issue and restore the customer to fully functioning status while strengthening the Symitar Episys Technical Support relationship.
This is a 10am to 7pm Pacific Time shift. This role rotates as escalation contact for After Hours Team. This role is only available in the San Diego, CA office but also responsible for employees in Allen, Texas.
- Previous financial institution experience (credit union or bank).
- Minimum of 6 years of experience working in a technical support environment.
- Previous management or supervisory position held.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Hands-on IT experience in a professional environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Supervises daily activities of employees doing the same or similar tasks. Responsible for the coaching and discipline of employees. Assists subordinates with difficult inquiries or problems. May perform duties of the actual job along with subordinates. Has problem-solving capabilities and demonstrated advanced knowledge of the field.
- High-level knowledge of the financial industry as it relates to banks and credit unions.
- High-level knowledge of product(s) supported and excellent knowledge of other core and complementary products.
- Able to identify and resolve application and service issues.
- Able to provide outstanding customer service as set forth by corporate policies and standards.
- Demonstrates strong communication and customer interaction skills in accordance with SLS policies and guidelines to serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Provides feedback to managers regarding trends, issues, training needs, etc.; facilitates the majority of new technical support training and cross-training.
- Assists in creating internal documentation in the form of training materials, reference guides, tip sheets, etc.
- Works on special projects or research as related to technical support as needed.
- Provides coaching and feedback to technical support personnel on a daily basis; conducts formal and informal reviews on an ongoing basis.
- Creates customer communication for financial institutions.
- May act as the second tier of response for escalated cases.
- Escalation point of contact for After Hours.
- Document and report software defects as required.
- Oversee staff, spanning multiple shifts with a primary focus on After Hour staff.
- Accurately assesses the customer's product issue or problem. Asks the product user well thought out or detailed questions and carefully listens to the user's response to fully comprehend the need, product issue, and best avenue for resolving the problem.
- May research customer problems/issues to increase personal knowledge and familiarity with the supported product. Provides the highest level of support possible. Keeps current on most recent changes and/or upgrades.
- Identifies and resolves application and service issues and any other questions that may arise.
- Provides programmers and team leaders with a precise understanding of user's issues when the problem needs to be escalated to a higher level. When necessary, provides internal contacts with customer issue documentation.
- Oversees monitoring of the call tracking system for application calls and the return of calls in a timely manner in accordance with Service Level Standard (SLS) guidelines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, empowers, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.NOVINDT4
Apply on company website