Are you a Network Engineer with a passion for providing diagnostic and troubleshooting to support a high volume of end-users and customers? This position is within the ProfitStars - Gladiator business unit for Jack Henry and Associates. Gladiator is known for providing all of its Jack Henry branded clients with top tier network, system and cloud technologies as well as an excellent customer experience.
The Network Engineer must have solid understanding and ability to convey technical terms and concepts to non-technical users. You will support services in Windows OS; navigating both workstations and server operating systems handling areas such as: desktops, thin clients, application software, and peripheral hardware devices.
Ideally the Network Engineer at this level should have experience with Active Directory supporting areas such as password resets, accessing shared resources, connectivity issues, account lockouts, virus issues, email issues, add, remove, and modify permissions and other support items at the user level. Additional experience in being able to provide direct support and navigation with O365 is highly preferred. Strong understanding of Microsoft and 3rd party patching as well as having exposure with server hardening practices is preferred. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within Gladiator but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Server Administration, Product Support Specialist, Virtual Environment Administration or Patch and Solution Management. Jack Henry provides strong opportunity for career progression not only within ProfitStars- Gladiator but across the organization as well. The following are examples of where you could progress to: Senior Network Engineer / Matrix Implementation / Technical Project Manager. If you are interested in this position, please apply on or before November 15, 2019/
The position can be based to work out of the following Jack Henry office location: Springfield, MO (Blackman) or Monett, MO.
- Must be able to work Monday - Friday 9:00am – 6:00PM CST and have after hours on call rotation 1 every 2 months. Must able to work 1 Saturday a month.
- Must have a minimum of 18 months experience in troubleshooting technical issues in any of the following categories: application development, helpdesk, desktop and or network support.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% to attend potential JHA meetings, training or a conference.
- Bachelors degree.
- A+ and NW+ certification.
- Experience in technical writing.
- Experience with supporting O365.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft and 3rd party patching.
- Base knowledge of server hardening practices.
- Active Directory experience in any of the following areas of providing: Profile set up, Password resets; lock outs, Security (rights) management, Permissions and mapping printers.
- Installs current network operating system on new or existing devices and/or installs communication equipment including routers, switches and firewalls.
- Installs software on networking devices.
- Provides phone support to employees or customers relative to networking technology.
- Analyzes network topologies to determine potential issues and makes suggestions for recommended changes.
- Assists with the preparation of network assessments and certifications.
- Installs current network operating server software on new or existing server-class hardware and/or installs communication equipment including routers, terminal servers, switches and firewalls.
- Installs supporting applications and peripherals on servers including tape backup hardware and software, email software, anti-virus software, etc. and/or implement technologies.
- Installs user workstation hardware, operating software and various application software and/or pre-configured equipment.
- Configures user IDs and customer-specific settings on servers and transfers data from the old environment to the new environment.
- Corresponds with customer and other divisions within the company to insure all customer concerns and issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Prepares statements of work relative to upcoming network installations and general preparations for installations.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website