1. Directs maintenance activities on assigned plant production equipment so that production schedules and quality objectives are achieved.
2. Participates in the development of new production processes and equipment in cooperation with R & D, Engineering, and Operations.
3. Directs the installation, start-up, and debug of highly sophisticated “state-of-the-art” production systems, including equipment utilizing programmable logic controllers and computer-based controls.
4. Recommends use of outside contractors/suppliers when appropriate and effectively coordinates their use to achieve project objectives.
5. Assures all preventive maintenance schedules for assigned buildings, equipment, and machinery are completed on time and as directed. Sets up preventive maintenance schedules for new equipment and machinery to ensure maximum up-time and extended life.
6. Minimizes plant mechanical delay by identifying problem areas and recommending corrective action to reduce and eliminate mechanical delay.
7. Ensures that maintenance personnel are properly selected, trained, motivated, and their technical skills developed and enhanced so that troubleshooting and repair activities are completed in a timely and professional manner.
8. Controls maintenance-related costs by efficiently scheduling hourly personnel and tracking parts and supply inventory costs to keep them at a minimum.
9. Achieves safety objectives by assuring the proper and safe operation of all plant facilities, utilities, and equipment.
10. Assures Compliance to all Company and plant policies, statutory codes, and regulatory requirements to include OSHA, EPA, and other environmental and safety regulations and guidelines.
11. Develops, prepares, and recommends appropriation requests for annual maintenance needs and new equipment.
12. Effectively relates to, coordinates with, and integrates with other departments and shifts.
13. Assures timely and accurate completion of all administrative duties in accordance with established requirements.
14. Through leadership, development of competencies, training, and effective role modeling, personally embrace our Cultural Beliefs to create experiences, beliefs, and actions that will drive our key results.
1. 4 year Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Agricultural or a related field)
2. Strong problem solving skills and decision-making ability
3. Strong interpersonal skills and well-developed written and verbal communication skills
4. A pattern of initiative and leadership
5. The ability to effectively train and manage people
6. Excellent project management skills
7. A mechanical background
8. Knowledge of CAD systems
9. Strong organizational skills
10. Open to flexible shift as future shift time may change
Jennie-O Turkey Store is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
To save time applying, Jennie-O Turkey Store does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas for this position at this time. A requirement of a position with Jennie-O Turkey Store is to be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
Apply on company website