DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
**For a limited time, John Randolph Medical Center is offering up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus based on Registered Nurse experience. 1 year of nursing experience required. Current HCA employees do not qualify. *** Registered Nurse RN Emergency Room ER Full Time 11a-11p, 36 hours per week - rotating weekends and holidays Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of an awesome Emergency Department (ED) Nursing team! John Randolph Medical Center, your local community hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the surrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger urban medical centers. A top performing hospital recognized by the Joint Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has also received recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care and our emergency room is stroke and chest pain accredited. As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both worlds—high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a warm, welcoming and personalized environment. Recognized for four consecutive years as one of the Joint Commission's Top Performing Hospitals and have obtained The Joint Commission's disease specific accreditation for our Hip and Knee Replacement Programs. HCA:
- 63rd on Fortune's 100 List
- One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
- Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
- Named by Ethisphere one of the World's Most Ethical Companies for 10 consecutive years
- 22--bed unit, Includes a Psych safe room
- Chest Pain and Primary Stroke Center
- Normal daily volume is approximately 100 patients
- Close-knit team and great collaboration with physicians, other units and management collaborative environment
- Gain a variety of experience with varying patient acuities
- You will have passionate managers who will motivate you and who champion staff to reach professional goals
• Assesses, plans and evaluates patient care needs.
• Prioritizes patient care based on acuity level and available resources.
• Carries out physician orders.
• Assists physician during examination, treatment and procedures.
• Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.
• Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. We'd love to hear from you. Come join our team of dedicated professionals that are committed to delivering the best patient care in the world. Why don't you apply now?
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree preferred
- RN Diploma or Associates of Nursing Degree required
- Two years of experience as an RN with demonstrated competency in emergency department preferred
- VA RN license or valid RN Compact State License
- ACLS and PALS within 6 months of hire
- TNCC certification preferred
- HCA will pay for certification renewals once employed
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Regional Hospital, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Student Loan Repayment
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website