DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
**For a limited time, John Randolph Medical Center is offering up to a $10,000 sign-on bonus based on Registered Nurse experience. 1 year of nursing experience required. Current HCA employees do not qualify. ***
Registered Nurse (RN) Psychiatric Unit/Behavioral Health Full Time Nights, 36 hours per week, 7p-7a, rotating weekends and holidaysDo you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Behavioral Health and Wellness team. Join us in our efforts to better our community! John Randolph Medical Center, your local community hospital, serving Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Petersburg and the surrounding area since 1915. At our 147-bed hospital, you can access the advanced technology and sophisticated treatments typically found in larger urban medical centers. A top performing hospital recognized by the Joint Commission, John Randolph Medical Center has also received recognition from the American Association of Respiratory Care and our emergency room is stroke and chest pain accredited. We remain focused on continuously expanding our services and technology, enabling us to provide quality services to our community. As one of the HCA Virginia hospitals, we deliver the best of both worlds—high-quality, technology-assisted expert care in a warm, welcoming and personalized environment. Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER's, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health's top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data. Why Join our Behavioral Health Team?
- 40-Bed Adult Behavioral Health and Wellness Unit, including an 8-Bed Military Treatment Unit for active military and their families
- Average daily census of 34 patients
- Utilize LPN that function as medication nurses
- Great team work and collaboration with physicians, other units and management to better help with visibility and acceptance of mental health needs
- Passionate managers and supportive co-workers who will motivate and champion you to reach your professional goals
- Performs initial and on-going physical and psychosocial assessment according to accepted standards of nursing practice.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administer prescribed medications, change dressings, clean wounds, monitor vital signs.
- Participates in treatment team conferences to assist in planning and revising goals, objectives and interventions appropriate to the age-related and problem-specific needs of each patient.
- Implements nursing plan of care for assigned patients and conducts and/or co-leads group therapy sessions for patients.
QualificationsEducation, Licensure/Certifications and Experience:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing, BSN or Associate Degree
- Current RN License in the Commonwealth of Virginia or compact license.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Nonviolent Crisis Intervention certification within 60 days of hire
- Recent RN experience in a hospital; Behavioral Health experience preferred
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website