JOB OBJECTIVE: Responsible for preforming all duties on a professional level and complying with Physical Distribution Manager, under direct supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor. Working from general instructions from the plant management team, and all levels within the organization in support of the four Johns Manville core values: People, Passion, Performance, and Protection.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Use & follow established safe working practices and report unsafe or hazardous conditions at all times to supervisor.
- Wear Proper PPE
- Follow all general shop rules for Denver Warehouse
- Complete training and all other programs needed to stay in compliance with JM policies
- Follow daily instruction from supervisor or team lead
- Assemble, prepare and label shipping cartons according to packaging guidelines.
- Obtain rolls of properly sized (thickness) fiberglass; cut fiberglass into individual fitted pieces on chop units. (Must be properly trained)
- Obtain required PVC fittings from in-process or inventory storage locations.
- Verify products and cartons on pallets, accept approved order returns, verify material counts received, issue receiving reports as required, deny receipt of inbound shipments as appropriate.
- Operate fork truck, etc., as required (must be properly trained and licensed).
- Maintain equipment and work area in clean and orderly manner. Work area must be maintained at end of each shift.
- Perform housekeeping as requested & remove department scrap/garbage to plant compactors as assigned.
- Receive and follow verbal and written instruction from supervisor or leader
- Report equipment malfunction, operation delays, or product defects immediately to supervisor or team lead.
- Receive and follow verbal and written instructions, forms and picking lists. Follow established work standards, procedures from supervisor or lead person.
- Perform other miscellaneous PVC department tasks, trim /flip job duties as directed or required.
(refer to Trimming & Flipping job Description)
- Perform other miscellaneous job duties as directed or required by management.
JOB MEASUREMENTS: Effective interpersonal and communication skills, ability to work in team-based environment, flexibility, the ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment in a safe manner, demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities during the course of the day.
The responsibilities for this job are performed on the production plant floor. Conditions are often hot, with temperatures ranging from 70-115 degrees. Packaging requires work with fiberglass insulation. Required personal protective equipment must be worn at all times.
EQUIPMENT: (i.e. Machines, Devices, Tools, Etc., used in job performance)
- Forklift and other material handling equipment
- Horizontal bandsaw (fiber glass cutting)
- Fiberglass insert material choppers
- Guillotine insert material choppers
- Pre-pack packaging equipment
- Dock levelers, locks, doors, chocks
- Shrink wrap machine
- High School diploma or GED
- Flexible in work and assignments
Apply on company website