Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of a Glass Process Engineer. This position will be involved in all glass process engineering aspects for a fiber glass manufacturing plant and must be willing to work in a collaborative environment to improve efficiencies and reduce costs. Emphasis on safety and environment compliance are important in our work environment. The Defiance, Ohio locations produce cured and uncured fiberglass products that serve the automotive, aerospace, OEM, air handling and pipe & mechanical markets.
Applicants can expect to make between $112,000 to $153,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Your Day to Day:
- Lead/manage/coordinate initiatives for productivity/quality improvements for glass manufacturing at the location
- Must have ability to establish personable and professional interaction and motivation with all levels of the organization
- Activities to include: development of metrics to monitor performance (and report on a regular basis) coordinate/conduct periodic audits of facilities to ensure optimal develop/maintain audit follow up requirements to completion develop and implement "best practices" develop and lead initiatives provide input to plant management for prioritizing initiatives for plant technical resources (as appropriate to P&M)
- Work with R&D to support implementation of new technologies/developments
- Work with Product Managers to determine product performance opportunities (capability and capacity)
- Primary contact for plants regarding fundamental operating issues/problems/troubleshooting
- Managing process trials, generating analyses, and writing reports
- Providing process support to manufacturing plant
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Ceramic or Glass Engineering
- 5+ years technical experience and demonstrated proficiency in plant day to day operations
- Demonstrated ability to be self-directed and action orientated with strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan, lead, execute and analyze improvement initiatives/DOE's
- Have the ability to blend theoretical knowledge with practical application of concepts
- Good written and oral communication skills
- The capability to excel both independently and as a team member
- Ability to provide financial analyses of initiatives in order to prioritize business impact
- Hands-on glass manufacturing or glass process engineering experience
- An understanding of SAP
- Exposure to use LEAN management practices
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts, health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking, and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing, and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company, and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website