Are you looking for a rewarding position with an employer of choice? If you have a background or interest in manufacturing and enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment Johns Manville is the company for you!
At our Johns Manville - Penbryn location we manufacturer fiberglass building insulation for use in residential and commercial applications. As a Maintenance Electrician, you will be responsible for inspecting, maintaining, and performing preventative maintenance on all machinery and equipment throughout various departments in the facility, and you will need the ability to work any shift, including rotating, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Pay rate up to $34.41/hour. Overtime and shift premium, where applicable.
- Be an active participant in the safety process and practice safe work habits at all times
- Assemble and install all types of new or repaired electrical circuits, systems, instrumentation and equipment, including, but not limited to, motors, regulators, controllers, generators, switches, etc.
- Inspect electrical equipment and machinery, diagnose faulty operation, determine proper corrective action, document in maintenance scheduling program, and make indicated repairs
- Make meggar, voltmeter, ammeter, ground locating and other electrical tests. Possess working knowledge of electrical distribution systems and switchgear. Must know Underwriter codes, national codes, state and local codes, company rules and regulations and comply with them
- Keep current with latest types of electrical controls, motors, AC/DC Drives, (PLC) Programmable Logic Controllers, (HMI) Human Machine Interfaces and industrial lighting equipment
- Configure, commission, troubleshoot & start up any AC/DC Drive, any (HMI) Human Machine Interface current, (PLC) Programmable Logic Controller or (DCS) Distributive Control System, current and future
- Read, comprehend and make basic electrical prints and mark up for electrical installations
- Start, stop, maintain, and help install and repair generating and power distribution equipment
- Dismantle and assemble electrical motors and allied equipment of most types; repairing cleaning, and replacing parts
- Install and repair electrical conduit and cable, including connections, controls, grounding, etc.
- Maintain an open and candid working relationship with co-workers from all departments and immediate supervisor/manager
- Make out work orders, requisitions, inspection reports, time distribution, material usage, etc., and perform other clerical duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to the work performed
- Direct, assist, and instruct other co-workers on jobs where it is necessary to work together or when requested by supervisor
- Keep a clean and organized work area
What You Bring to the Team
- High School diploma or GED
- Electrical Journeyman certification, or 5+ years of verified experience as an industrial maintenance electrician
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and drawings
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and handle multiple priorities and projects
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence legibly
- Lift truck operations, JLG, etc. and the ability to obtain a license to operate
- Ability to stand for long periods, walk, climb stairs, reach, and stoop frequently as well as lift up to approximately 50lbs with occasional team lifting of up to 100lbs. Must be able to work at heights
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, 11 paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Hear Our Employees Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos here.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website