Johns Manville is currently hiring an Industrial Plant Mechanic at our Waterville, OH complex. We are searching for individuals who are dependable, responsible and quality-minded who have a history of working safely in a manufacturing environment.
The Waterville, OH location manufactures direct melt products including wet chop glass fibers primarily for specialty applications, glass reinforcements for gypsum wall boards, direct dry chop for plastic reinforcements, single end roving for weavers and plastic reinforcements, and glass mat.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow all Johns Manville safety procedures and policies, which includes but not limited to LOTO and confined space entry procedures
- Troubleshooting issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency in the facility
- Perform gas cutting, welding, plumbing, and fabrication of equipment
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance tasks as well as other precision based maintenance methods
- Document work orders, descriptions, parts and time in computerized maintenance management system.
- Starting pay $28.88/Hour
- Overtime Pay
- Competitive Shift Premium
- Benefits: With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, 11 paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
- High school diploma or GED
- Technical training is preferred (including vocational) and will be considered when looking at overall experience
- Repair experience with mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical components
- Welding experience and knowledge
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and drawings
- Verbal and written communication skills. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence legibly
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be able to function within a Team environment effectively, but also maintain being a self-thinker
- Must be willing to work any shift (B-12a-8am; C-8am-4pm; D-4pm-12am; X-Swing) OR 12-hour rotating shift
- Valid driver's License
- Must be able to occasionally lift 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must have own tools
- Must be able to pass a drug screening (hair follicle test) and background check
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Hear Our Employees Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos here.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website