Are you looking for a rewarding position with an employer of choice? Do you thrive in a fast-paced team environment? Johns Manville is the company for you!
If you have a background or interest in a manufacturing, we are hiring a full-time Machine Attendant at our Penbryn location, where we manufacturer fiberglass building insulation to serve residential and commercial application. As a Machine Attendant, you will be responsible for operating packaging equipment, performing quality control inspections, and problem solving to ensure the safe and smooth operation of people, equipment, and product, and you will need the ability to work any shift, including rotating, weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always use safe work practices, follow all safety rules and procedures, immediately report any hazardous conditions, and fully participate in safety programs.
- Wear all personal protective equipment as required by management, including but not limited to all or some of the following; protective shoes, glasses, ear plugs, bump cap or hard hat, gloves, dust mask, or respirator.
- Complete monthly CBTs or other training as required.
- Complete pre-inspection checklists of equipment, as required.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly at all times.
- Load/pack specified quantities of rolls or pieces of material into packaging machines (CPWs, QPaks, ARBs, etc.)
- Secure end of bags and stack packages as necessary.
- Observe material as it approaches packaging equipment for all types of visual and physical defects such as improper cure, binder distribution and color, registration, dirt, damage, improper dimensions, and poor workmanship.
- Put defective material aside for further distribution.
- Monitor windup for winding and securement problems as well as clear windup as needed.
- Run automatic and portable stretch wrappers, CPWs, ARBs, vacpak, roll securement and batt folders, and strap wrappers including stacking product, changing poly film and loading new strapping.
- Perform all cold end off-line duties, including scrap handling, product changeovers and routine cleaning and painting.
- Feed scrap to and operate equipment to produce blowing wool.
- Clean or assist in the cleaning of machines, oven, blowing wool and associated production equipment.
- Communicate all troubleshooting activity and problems to Production Supervisor.
- Record and maintain all necessary information.
- Remain on assigned job until relieved and as required, assist or relieve other members of the crew.
- May conduct training for new employees.
- Operate mobile equipment
- Complete SAP data entry.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations As required by position:
- Forklift Certified
- Confined Space
- Log Out Tag Out
- Fit testing as required. See Respiratory Policy.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and communicate accurately with coworkers. The employee will frequently engage in repetitive motions. The employee must frequently, lift, push or pull 50 pounds and must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds with assistance. Visual acuity is required to work around and with machinery including close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This job is in an industrial, manufacturing environment. The job requires working frequently around and with heavy machinery with moving mechanical parts, industrial ovens, and mobile equipment. The environment is not climate controlled and employees must be able to work in environments that may be extremely hot and humid or cold depending upon the operation and the season. Walking surfaces can be wet, dusty, and uneven. Areas of the building where work must be done have high noise levels, vibration, and/or fumes. Some working areas contain the presence of airborne particles which can irritate the skin or eyes. The manufacturing process involves toxic or caustic chemicals. Employees are required to wear personal protective equipment which includes steel toed shoes, ear protection, eye protection, gloves, head protection and in certain areas may be required to where dust masks or respirators.
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website