JOHNS MANVILLE IS HIRING MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN!!
Starting Pay is $29.92/hr + $1.00 shift differential for night shift
With our Pay-for-Skills program, you have the ability to make up to $32.15/hr
SIGN-ON BONUS Available up to $1,200 dollars!!
Annual Performance Bonus Potential!!
The facility currently operates 24 hours/day 7 days/week. The Maintenance Techs utilize a rotating schedule with every other weekend off. Shift: 3 A.M. to 3 P.M. (12 hour shifts)
At the Johns Manville Hazleton facility, we manufacture insulation for roofs. It's a neat process, but what is even cooler is how we do it...
- Our PEOPLE are at the core of everything we do
- Our PASSION is in going the extra mile
- We PERFORM at a superior level
- We PROTECT today to ensure tomorrow
Maintenance Technician will be someone who thrives in a fast-paced plant environment and enjoys being part of a team. In this role, you will perform mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electronic and preventative maintenance on all required equipment to maximize productivity while maintaining safety and quality standards. The Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Mechanic works in partnership with all departments as a part of a key service group to the organization. The facility is one of the top performers in the division supplying material all over the United States which translates to JOB SECURITY. Being part of the Berkshire Hathaway Family means GREAT BENEFITS.
- Support and promote safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies and compliance requirements
- Effectively troubleshoot all mechanical equipment to identify issues within the plant and take necessary corrective actions to repair, replace or rebuild
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical and PLC systems
- Perform monthly safety and environmental audits
- As a service provider, partners with production department to accommodate maintenance activities, predictive maintenance, scrap and downtime reduction actions
- Design and develop equipment improvement ideas
- Complete work orders, requisitions, inspection reports, time distribution, material usage, etc., and perform other clerical duties necessary to maintain proper records relative to the work performed
- Direct, assist and instruct other maintenance employees on jobs where it is necessary to work together or when requested by Supervisor
- Inspects/maintains plant buildings and facilities. May be required to troubleshoot and repair HVAC systems
- Housekeeping responsibilities
What You Bring to the Team
- High School diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience working as a Maintenance Technician / Maintenance Mechanic
- Trade school certification or license (preferred)
- Knowledge of safety requirements and safety-focused
- Ability to pass forklift, scissors, JLG, mechanical aptitude and welding tests
- Ability to stand for long periods, walk, climb stairs, reach, and stoop frequently as well as lift up to approximately 50lbs. Occasional lifting of up to 100lbs is also required. Must be able to work at heights.
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, 11 paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website