The purpose of the Senior Coordinator of Shipping and Receiving is to establish and maintain the shipping and receiving operation for the research and development facility. The incumbent will be responsible for the receipt and shipment of incoming/outgoing materials, supplies, products; maintenance of parts inventory; and the handling, use, storage, and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous materials for facility. The Senior Coordinator will effectively utilize SAP, Cherwell, facility quality requirements and other JM systems to provide favorable customer experiences.
- Prepare shipping documents, schedule outgoing shipment of materials, supplies and finished products; and weigh and prepare packages for shipment
- Receive, stock, and maintain parts inventory
- Receive and inspect incoming shipments for visible and concealed damage and initiate a damage claim if required
- Monitor the handling, use, and storage of hazardous materials in compliance with current regulations
- Catalogue, inventory, package and dispose of hazardous and non-hazardous waste in compliance with current regulations
- Maintain the library for all SDS sheets for materials
- Coordinate the maintenance and repairs of forklifts and scissor lifts at the Johns Manville Technical Center
- Enters chemicals into the CISPro® Chemical Inventory system before delivery to buyers
- Serve as the forklift trainer for new and current employees at the facility
- Assign and coordinate work of others in shipping and receiving
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
What You Bring to the Team:
- High school diploma or equivalent with a minimum of 3 years shipping and receiving work experience
- Thorough understanding of the total shipping and receiving process flow (Solid)
- Working knowledge of current regulations for handling, storage and disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste (Certified DOT Hazmat Ground Shipper and IATA Hazmat Air Shipper required or obtained within 3 months)
- Expereince driving/operating a fork lift
- Working knowledge of inventory systems
- Working knowledge of domestic and international shipping requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook (Solid)
- Solid interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- May be required to lift, carry, push or pull up to and including 50 pounds
- Minimal travel required (0 -- 10 days per year)
- Work environment is typical of an office setting in a research and development center; May be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Applicants can expect to make between $44,000 to $54,000 upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for a target incentive bonus under our variable incentive plan.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts, health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Apply on company website