Why Us? At the Johns Manville Hazleton facility, we are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive! We are passionate, we care about people, we perform, and we protect others and our environments. If these values align with your values too; apply to be part of the Johns Manville Hazleton team.
Johns Manville is currently seeking qualified applicants for the position of Warehouse Shipping Clerk, to be in our Hazleton, Pennsylvania plant. The Warehouse Shipping Clerk will be the first and main point of contact for truck drivers arriving at the facility. This requires customer service skills, communication with the drivers during their visit and be sure it is all done safely and efficiently.
Your Day to Day:
- Supports and promotes safe practices and environmental commitments in alignment with company commitments, policies, and compliance requirements
- Communicate with outbound carriers daily, providing outbound shipment documentation
- Greet all drivers arriving onsite and provide directions for their shipments
- Use of a warehouse management system SAP, open and close shipments and prepare bills of lading
- Ensure drivers depart with appropriate paperwork
- Ensure accuracy of all shipping documents by adhering to standard operating procedures
- Assist in resolving any shipping discrepancies
- Administrative office tasks such as filing and retrieving outbound paperwork
- Actively monitor available transportation assets by working with the team
- The warehouse shipping clerk must have flexibility to work irregular or extended hours including nights weekends and holidays as needed to meet customer demands. You will be gathering, entering, and maintaining all information relative to shipping activities in SAP/warehouse management system. The warehouse shipping clerk will also create daily reports and assist in any other additional administrative or warehouse tasks as directed by the leadership team.
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Ability to shift and handle time sensitive priorities as demands require
- Communicate effectively verbally and electronically
- SAP/Warehouse Management Software Experience
- Strong time management, organizational, planning, and self-motivation skills
- Reports directly to warehouse shift supervisors
- Collaborate with other internal departments (maintenance, quality, production)
- Communications with customer service representatives
- Provide customer service to internal and external truck drivers and customers
What You Bring to the team:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience in a fast-paced warehouse environment
- 1-3 years' experience with (SAP) warehouse management system
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (word, excel and PowerPoint)
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts, health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Apply on company website