What you will do
Under general direction, supports the construction sales team by assisting with pre and post sales activities on building systems and equipment project opportunities.
Pre-sales activities include, but are not limited to; system configuration validation, HVAC equipment and or controls selection for basis of design as well as bidding, application and pricing. This role will receive direction, coaching support from assigned account executives and sales leadership on pre-sale needs and expectation.
Post sales activities, include equipment execution that is profitable, accurate, on-time, within the scope of the contract and in alignment with customers' expectations. Develops, and provides detailed engineering information and submittals to communicate design, configuration, operating and installation requirements to customers, consultants, Johnson Controls service and necessary subcontractors. Works with assigned sales team to maintain and effective balance between customer satisfaction and project financial results when performing pre-sales and or post sales duties.
How you will do it
· Provides technical support, selections and limited estimating support to Account Executives during project design or proposal phase. Assist as needed in developing the customers' business case for conceptual solution.
· Supports detailed estimating of projects for Account Executives to finalize and present to clients.
· Validates assumptions made during the proposal and development phase. Builds a detailed cost estimate and scope of work for assigned projects in conjunction with sales. Assists in preparing proposals and other customer communication documents as well as assists with any design work required.
· Prepares customers proposals quote letters for assigned projects, includes project takeoff's specification review, special quote generation and RFQ and RFI issuance.
· Manages project Profit & Loss (P&L) of all assigned projects, accomplishes this utilizing the Johnson Controls equipment order execution process, including execution of the equipment orders, etc. Also by working closely with the branch to manage backlog execution, schedule and forecast execution of equipment projects for up to two years in advance.
· Verifies the approval submittal, configuration acceptance by the installation contractor prior to leasing equipment for fabrication. Very carefully evaluates the contractual scope of supply and the impact of client-issued bulletins, field directives and or scheduling changes and coordinates accordingly.
· Works on preparing change order proposals with the sales team, and in that process performs all related tasks.
· Coordinates the factory equipment order process to ensure technical and commercial compliance with contract documents and site requirements.
· Responsible for generating technical content Purchase Orders, for all material and equipment, selects orders and tracks the delivery of the materials and equipment for all assigned projects working very closely with all parties, including the customer.
· Effectively communicates project progress including financials to all management team that has a need to know.
· Reviews and process all invoices for payment all related to assigned projects, as well as works very closely with the operations team to address any billing or collection issues are done on a timely manner.
· As required, visits customers sites to ensure delivery and receipt of critical equipment meet all compliance of Johnson Controls and the customer owner.
· Maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors and attends all necessary meetings.
What we look for
· BA degree
· Experience with Microsoft Office suite, (with emphasis on Word, Excel and Visio) Adobe Writer, and basic Windows operating system environment
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Demonstrated ability to simultaneously manage a large and diverse number of projects with professionalism, cooperation and persistence
· Demonstrated ability to organizational and attention to details
· BA degree in Engineering
· Proficiency with MS Office Suite and AutoCAD
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
Apply on company website