DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization that values your professional growth? Come and join our 2022 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere's most ethical company's in the world since 2010.
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility, is a Level III Trauma Center and sister facility to Chippenham Hospital (CJW Medical Center). We offer a full range of healthcare services with specialties in cancer care and neuroscience at our first-in-Richmond Neuroscience and Gamma Knife Center. We have been awarded the Goal Seal of Approval by the Joint Commission and are a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, in addition to other awards and recognitions. For more than a century, our hospital has delivered high-quality healthcare to central Virginia.
HCA StaRN Nurse Residency Program
StaRN stands for Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses. Our one year long program is specific to the unit you are hired into. This is a full-time, paid and benefited career choice that is designed to enhance your nursing skillsets and knowledge while simultaneously promoting your professional growth and development.
11 Week Orientation:
- 5 weeks in classroom setting to include a combination of self-study, hands-on skills/simulations, and EKG (Electrocardiogram), TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, and CPI (Crisis Prevention) certifications
- 6 weeks of preceptorship with a designated and trained preceptor
After orientation, throughout the remainder of your first year, you will participate in our Professional Development Residency for your ongoing support:
- We pair you with a designated mentor for extra support
- You will collaborate with your mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (opportunity to gain recognition by facility and/or corporate level)
- Monthly resident seminars provide ongoing education to include Intro to Charge Nurse Education
- Monthly meetings with your nursing director to track your progress, successes, challenges, future goals, etc.
Cohort Start Dates:
February and March 2022
Additional Information about our Oncology Medical/Surgical Unit:
- 24 bed unit
- Patient nurse ratio is 4:1 on the unit, unless patient's diagnosis or treatment plan indicates otherwise
- Patients undergoing surgical and non-invasive cancer procedures for solid tumors and/or blood cancers
- Length of stay varies; many patients on the unit every 3 weeks over a period of 9 to 10 weeks or longer
- Our nurses have the opportunity to participate in Chemotherapy Biotherapy Certification course
- 57% of our nurses hold certification (OCN); once certified, can begin hanging and administering chemotherapy
WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement & student loan assistance.
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We are actively reviewing applications for motivated new graduates who will help us raise the bar in patient care! Be a part of an organization that invests in you. HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues and we are committed to providing you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We would love to speak with you about this fantastic opportunity.
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months- BSN preferred
- Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam
- Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website