DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital? Hear what some of our employees have to say about why they love working here! At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center. The Thomas Johns Inpatient Oncology Unit in the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital:
- 24 bed medical surgical oncology unit
- Most of our patients are undergoing or recovering from both surgical and non-invasive cancer procedures for solid tumors
- We have recently partnered with the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute to start a comprehensive blood cancer program.
- Many of our patients are on the unit every 3 weeks over a period of 9-10 weeks or longer.
- We provide palliative care, end-of-life care, and hospice care as well.
- The environment on the Thomas Johns Inpatient Oncology Unit is positive and supportive, team-oriented, with a strong focus on education and continuing professional development.
Our patients are our priority, but so are you!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met.
- Medical and Dental coverage
- Paid Family Leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Tuition assistance
- Family and medical flex spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Identity theft protection
- Student Loan Repayment
- Much, much more!
You will work closely with the clinical team to create and implement a care plan by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
Obtain and record initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care.
Document observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence.
You will assist with patient mobility by regularly turning, positioning, and ambulating as well as transferring patients to and from other units/departments.
Clerical duties include assembling and maintaining charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
CNA course preferred.
- Previous healthcare experience is preferred.
American Heart Association or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider required.
- Full Time
- Day shift, weekend and holiday requirements.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website