Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
The Human Resource Generalist will assist the DC HR Manager in implementing and maintaining HR policies and practices to help drive business performance, while also supporting a culture centered on caring for our employees. This position will play a key role in administering essential day-to-day HR tasks across a wide variety of HR priorities including but not limited to new hire orientation and on-boarding, employee engagement and culture activities, HR Compliance (policy and procedure), benefits, and employee training. Thorough knowledge of HR principles and practices, including some familiarity with CA state law is critical to success in this role.Essential Functions:
- Work closely with HR, TA and hiring managers to administer offer letters, pre-employment and on-boarding activities as well as conduct new hire orientation for all new hourly associates ensuring a high-quality candidate and new hire experience
- Assist HR Manager, DC leadership and front-line associates with interpretation and understanding of HR practices, policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook
- Provide guidance and support to Managers and Supervisors on employee performance and/or attendance issues, to include administration of necessary disciplinary action
- Assist in the management and administration of all types of employee leaves of absence ensuring adherence to internal policy and procedure
- Support HR Manager as needed on employee relations concerns and/or investigations
- Provide day to day support of benefit programs and assist in annual open enrollment process
- Collaborate with HR, Safety and local management on all safety, health and wellness initiatives
- Collaborate with HR and local management on culture and engagement related activities to help promote a positive and people centric work environment
- Facilitate or co-facilitate necessary employee education and/or training sessions
- Assist in the administration of occasional and/or recurring employee surveys (new hire, annual engagement survey, pulse surveys, etc.)
- Represents Company for Unemployment claims and hearings as needed
- Responsible for accurate and timely Data Entry into the HRIS system
- Maintenance of Personnel Records in compliance with state, federal and local laws
- Other duties and special projects as requested
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Minimum 5 years HR Generalist experience required
- Distribution, manufacturing experience within food, beverage and/or retail industry is highly preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field required.
- PHR/SPHR preferred.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude:
- Contribute and support to the overall goals of the business and HR function
- Capability of prioritizing and handling multiple projects simultaneously, under tight time constraints
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve emotional and complex problems or issues, by using judgment that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Able to work effectively with employees, peers, DC and region leaders as well as corporate HR support functions, and the local operations team in a productive collaborative environment coupled with the ability to be decisive is needed
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions
Apply on company website