Good people, working with good people, for our common good.
KeHE-a natural, organic, specialty and fresh food distributor-is all about "good" and is growing, so there's never been a more exciting time to join our team. If you're enthusiastic about working in an environment with a people-first culture and an organization committed to good living, good food and good service, we'd love to talk to you!Primary Responsibilities:
The Senior Manager Continuous Improvement is an important member of the Distribution Center leadership team who leads facility optimization through labor management, lean practices, and slotting optimization in the facility. As with all positions at KeHE Distributors we expect that all actions will be consistent with KeHE's Mission, Vision and Values.Essential Functions:
- Lead labor management in assigned Distribution center.
- Reduce travel by internal employees in DCs during times of inefficiency.
- Transaction reduction/task simplification
- Slotting and profiling for productivity
- SOP Implementation
- Leader standard work
- Train management team on best practices, reporting tools, SOPs, systems and preferred and observation methods (PMO's).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to break a problem or opportunity down into sub-components; identify root causes and drivers; use creative thinking skills in developing alternative solutions.
- Strong communication skills; develop and articulate (written and verbal) data/process analysis, and alternative solutions.
- Ability to lead others to a consensus and influence change.
- Capable of collecting and validating relevant business/operating information.
- Comfortable working in a team environment, displays a customer-focused approach, seeks continuous improvement in serving internal and external customers.
- Ability to develop and present return on investment (ROI) within any given project
- Must be comfortable and effective with communicating with hourly employees and winning their confidence.
- Will lead and design training programs.
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience in Industrial Engineering, operations analysis, logistics, supply chain or related field and a minimum of 5 years of related experience
- Must have experience implementing a Labor Management System in a distribution environment
- Familiar with LEAN operating procedures
- Less than 20% travel to other DCS.
Qualifications / Additional Skills / Aptitude
- Support and contribute to the overall goals of the Operations Department.
- Strong Project management skills
- Takes initiative and works well independently.
- Able to meet goals under tight time constraints.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external customers and management.
Apply on company website