Kelly Services® has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a long-term temporary opportunity to work as an Animal Health Tech at a prestigious Fortune 500® company working in Redwood City, CA.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the “Submit Resume” button to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter for this position (Brooke.Schoen@kellyservices.com) however your resume must be received via the “Submit Resume” button included within.
Job Title: Animal Health Tech
Pay: $25 per hour depending on experience
Work schedule will be Saturday - Wednesday.
The primary goals of the Animal Health Technician II are to perform routine duties associated with animal care, cage sanitation and preparation in a research environment.
• Reviews, comprehends and complies with all SOP's and quality assurance standards pertaining to specific area.
• Monitors daily animal health and welfare while performing daily animal health observations, animal husbandry duties to maintain quality and health of research animals, to include: perform daily water bottle and cage checks; provide appropriate food and water; perform cage changing and/or cage cleaning as required; record animal health concerns per SOP and/or specified protocols.
• Monitors and records room conditions such as temperature, humidity, and lighting.
• Assists with restraint, handling and manipulation of mice as assigned by supervisor, e.g. intraperitoneal (IP) dosing.
• Disposes of animal carcasses following established procedures.
• Strictly follows all procedures necessary to maintain animal housing, including room or facility personnel entry; personnel protective equipment use, spraying in all equipment and materials into controlled areas.
• Operates equipment and uses supplies according to safety guidelines; performs general housekeeping and adheres to safety procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Experience: One to two years related cage wash, animal care and handling experience preferred
• Certification/Licensure: AALAS certification at the Assistant Laboratory Animal Technician level (ALAT) preferred but not required
• Prior Rodent Handling (required)
• Working in a cage washed facility (required)
• Good observation Skills
• Work Schedule: Saturday thru Wednesday (Hours are flexible to work 8 hour shift anywhere from 6am to 6pm time frame BUT must have fixed schedule within this time frame).
We invite you to bookmark our Web site and encourage you to review it regularly for new opportunities worldwide: www.kellyservices.com.
Kelly Services® is a U.S.-based Fortune 500 company. With our global network of branch locations, we are uniquely positioned to provide our customers with international staffing support and our employees with diverse assignments around the world.
Kelly Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
With Kelly, you'll have access to some of the world's highest regarded scientific organizations—providing you with opportunities to work on today's most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits you'll be proud to help advance. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100 companies and found opportunities for more than 10,000 scientific professionals last year.
You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world a better place. Let Kelly fuel your career—connect with us today.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website