Kelly Services is seeking a Billing Representative in O'Fallon, MO!
Location: O Fallon, MO 63368
Contract to Hire
8:00 am - 4:30 pm M-F
Job Summary: This is varied general office and clerical work. Under the direct supervision of the Office Supervisor, the employee performs a variety of clerical duties following established guidelines.
Greets customers; answers telephone; ascertains nature of contacts; refers customer complaints and inquiries as necessary to appropriate or designated contact.
• Processes reports; examines reports for accuracy, notes any discrepancies, and consults as needed with supervisor.
• Operates various office equipment including personal computers.
• Efficient at handling customer service/billing software
• Types and reviews for accuracy any correspondence, form letters, and reports where instructions are clear, and precedence is followed; generates related reports.
• Receives and remits meter reading information for billing purposes; maintains and informs personnel of route reading schedule.
• Assists in scheduling service requests by reviewing work with department supervisors; communicates with customers, clients, and employees concerning service requests; maintain files for service requests.
• Generates service requests for leak investigation, meter replacement, reading, and verifying meters; generates line locate requests and notifies all utilities of intent to dig.
• Processes deposit refunds to customers.
• Processes delinquent accounts; assesses penalties on accounts with past due balances.
• Performs billing process and balance the reports on pre-determined customer cycles; prepares bills for mailing.
• Provides support and organization by maintaining files, copying information and sending out mailings as requested.
• Processes return mail.
• Answers calls and dispatches staff as needed.
• Cross trains in related positions as needed.
• Performs related duties as needed or assigned.
• Works the walk-up and drive-up windows, working with customers face to face
• Have ability work on-call and perform on-call duties, with some assistance
• Perform and assist with Office Supervisor duties
• Proficient in all aspects of customer service/billing software
• Proficient in use of Excel Spreadsheets
• Ability to process bankruptcy accounts.
• Ability to handle collection duties and work with collection agency
Knowledge/Skills: Graduation from high school and two years of related clerical and secretarial experience, or any equivalent combination of education and experience which would provide the following knowledge, skills, and abilities:
• Knowledge of standard office practices and procedures, and equipment.
• Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, syntax, and basic mathematics.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain moderately complex records and ensure confidentiality.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the general public.
• Knowledge of appropriate business software programs, word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.
• Valid state (of residence) driver's license required.
• Must be able to regularly use hands and fingers to hold or feel, reach with hands and arms, walk, talk, and hear.
• Occasionally required to stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, and crouch.
• Specific vision abilities include close, distance, color and peripheral vision, and depth perception.
• Ability to lift to 35 lbs
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website