Kelly Government Solutions is a strategic supplier and business partner to the federal government and its key suppliers. Through our partnership with the National Institutes of Health, Kelly Government Solutions offers administrative, IT, engineering, scientific, and healthcare professionals the opportunity to work with the leading medical research center in the world. We are seeking an individual to work as a Biologist at the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, MD.
This is a long-term contract position which offers:
(1) Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefit package
(2) Optional health, vision, and dental plans
(3) Vacation leave as well as 10 paid federal holidays and 401K plan.
(4) Access to NIH's unparalleled resources and niche scientific initiatives
TASKS/SERVICES. The contractor shall:
(1) Perform laboratory experiments and studies, to include DNA preparation, PCR and primer design.
(2) Perform bacterial culturing and sterile technique.
(3) Manage storage and retrieval of human blood and other tissues; maintain specimens and information in accordance with laboratory procedures and regulations.
(4) Work with staff on animal handling, breeding, sample collection and routine procedures.
(5) Process and organize multiple samples simultaneously.
(6) Maintain and update laboratory notebooks and databases.
(7) Collect data, perform data analysis.
(8) Attend laboratory meetings to report research outcomes.
(9) Organize and maintain a clean and safe working space.
REQUIREMENTS. The contractor must have:
(1) Bachelor's degree in Biology, Life Sciences or a related discipline. Four (4) years of specialized experience plus a High School diploma is equivalent to a BA/BS degree.
(2) Minimum of three (3) of years of experience performing DNA/RNA isolations.
(3) Strong communications skills, both oral and written.
(4) Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE
When you apply, please know a Kelly Government Solutions Recruiter will review your resume and will contact you directly, if your skills and experience match the requirements of this position; a full job description can be made available at that time.
Due to the high volume of inquiries, we regret that we cannot accept phone calls. Even if you aren't contacted for this position, you are still part of our talent network. All Kelly recruiters have access to your profile, which expands your opportunities even further.
As a specialty talent company, Kelly is committed to doing the right thing for our talent and clients. We stand up for equity, inclusion, fair treatment, and opportunity for all as these build the foundation of our Talent Promise. With a focus on safety, value, well-being, investment, and opportunity, Kelly's Talent Promise confirms our commitment to those in search of a better way to work and live and to help discover what's next.
It is obvious things are different than they were just a few months ago. Kelly is at the forefront of ensuring the safety of our employees in this new working environment. Be well and stay strong.
Looking to connect with premier government agencies or the top 25 federal government contractors? Kelly® Government offers a variety of full-time, project (SOW), seasonal, and surge support opportunities in science, engineering, technical, professional, and administrative support roles. Our experts will find you the opportunity that fits your schedule and interests and handle the details of transferring and processing all levels of security clearances. It's just another way we make the job search work for you.About Kelly®
Kelly connects talented people to companies in need of their skills in areas including Science, Engineering, Education, Office, Contact Center, Light Industrial, and more. We're always thinking about what's next in the evolving world of work, and we help people ditch the script on old ways of thinking and embrace the value of all workstyles in the workplace. We directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world, and we connect thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners in our outsourcing and consulting practice.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website