Biotech Receiving Technician
Ipswich, MA 01938
Full-Time, Day Shift
Kelly Science & Clinical has an incredible direct-hire opportunity in the Boston area for someone with previous inventory experience and stable job history! All training would be provided for excellent candidates who are self-motivated and have strong communication skills. This position is responsible for carrying out routine tasks at a customer site, all of which may include: receiving, point of use replenishment (inventory), production packaging, cylinder delivery, pickup, waste disposal and glass washing.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (List in order of importance)
- Facilitates orders for consumable lab inventory replenishment
- Receives inbound shipments from UPS, FedEx, and other common carriers
- Responsible for handling hazardous material
- Manages customer's warehouse inventory
- Handles and manages chemicals
- Maintains and checks safety stations
- Basic shipping duties
- May require traveling between customer sites
- Updating and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/Training, Experience and Certifications)
- High school diploma or GED required or equivalent experience
- 1+ years experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
- Spill containment training, IATA, DOT, IMDG and OSHA Right to Know a plus
- Previous experience working in a GMP facility a plus
- Knowledge of scientific products and services
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES (Those necessary to perform the job competently)
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word and Excel
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Problem-solving skills
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website