Kelly Services is currently seeking a Chemistry Analyst in Austin, TX to work a contract assignment of 12 months for one of our top clients. Kelly is a full service workforce solutions provider to 98% of the Fortune 100™ companies. We provide employment to more than 700,000 people annually and we deal with some of the largest and best companies both nationally and locally.
Primary Responsibilities of the Chemistry Analyst includes:
- The Chemistry Analyst I will work under direct supervision or be partnered with an experienced analyst to perform wet chemistry analyses, preparation of reagents, standardization of solutions, and instrumentation testing and documentation in a cGMP environment.
- May be cross-trained to work in other laboratory areas as dictated by the needs of the department.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Chemical analysis utilizing the following techniques: titrations, serial dilutions, pipetting and distillations.
- Instrumental analysis utilizing the following instrumentation: UV/VIS, polarimetry, flame photometry, specific conductance, pH, total organic carbon analysis and HPLC.
- Generate accurate lab records of tasks completed and verify the results of other lab personnel.
- Provide support in the resolution of production problems, the execution of technical studies, and during laboratory investigations.
- Keep the standardization of all laboratory volumetric solutions and preparation of all reagent solutions current.
- Responsible for laboratory safety and GMP/GLP practices.
- Interface with other departments on a daily basis for the reporting/recording of data.
- Investigate questionable or inconsistent results and report to the supervisor.
- Participate in an evaluation and clarification of the problem and provide suggestions for its resolution.
- Operate and maintain laboratory instruments, performing standardizations according to SLPs, STMs, and SOPs.
- Make accurate records of tasks performed and data obtained. Prepare and maintain accurate and timely reports of progress and results.
- Complete daily room check to verify TS, S expiration dates and calibration dates.
- Responsible for daily housekeeping, organization, and lab safety.
- Adhere to cGMP's, SOP's and plant policies/guidelines.
- Evaluate analytical data to determine compliance with establishes specifications.
- Resolve routine analytical and quality problems, generally with limited assistance.
- Work with personnel from other departments in the resolution of quality and analytical problems.
- Lead and/or support projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve routine problems and manipulate algebraic equations on a daily basis.
- Must be able to perform tests quickly and efficiently without sacrificing accuracy, safety or quality.
Education and Experience Requirement of the Chemistry Analyst includes:
- Bachelor's Degree is required: Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or Chemical Science
- 0-1 year of experience required.
- Prefer either one year of laboratory experience in a regulated industry OR one year analytical instrumental laboratory experience.
- Qualified candidates need at least one year of recent GMP lab experience.
- Pharmaceutical experience is highly preferred.
- Chemistry degree is a must unless they have demonstrated competency with previous experience in a GMP/Pharma QC lab.
- Contract assignment, duration 12 months.
- Work schedule: full-time, Monday - Friday; first shift.
Kelly Temporary Employee Perks:
- Group medical, prescription, vision, dental, life, and short-term disability insurance options that are available for purchase—and the coverage is portable*
- Service bonus plan and Holiday pay plan, if qualified
- Weekly electronic pay options
- Free online training campus available
- Exclusive online employee community
- Corporate discounts
This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position you must submit your resume to the Scientific Recruiter listed below:
Please email your resume directly to Sandy at: Sanm174@KellyServices.com [reference BH Job #3452137]
Thank you for your interest in the assignment.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website