Title: Data Engineer II
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043
Contract Length and Hours: 6 Months+ with possible extension (40 hours a week)
Experience and skills:
• Looking for a strong data engineer with excellent SQL and Data Warehousing skill-set with experience in at least one ETL tool (Informatica, Wherescape, Datastage etc.).
• Software Development Experience in JAVA building APIs to interact with large volumes of data is a huge plus.
• Healthcare experience is preferred but not required.
The Data Engineer II creates modifies, and tests the code, forms, and scripts that construct the data sets that drive our Data Science and Business Intelligence capabilities. This work is derived from specifications developed in collaboration with those consuming or interacting with those data sets. The Data Engineer may develop and write solutions to store, locate, and retrieve specific documents, data, and information and distribute through multiple methods. They will perform ETL (extract, transform, load) processes. As they continue to build knowledge and expertise in this area, they will follow professional standards and best practices as well as departmental guidelines to independently solve problems of moderate scope and complexity.
What they will do:
• Solve business and data science problems using data centric programming and scripting skills to create data models and pipelines.
• Work closely with the business to create understanding of the needs, pace and direction for our business partners. Translate these needs into requirements and specifications, and maintain contact with the customers throughout project completion.
• Troubleshoot issues as they arise and solve problems independently and collaboratively.
Collaborate with data scientists and other analysts to further understand business problems.
• Develop code to complete effective solutions using applicable technology.
• Perform thorough peer design and code reviews.
• Use developing data ETL experience to develop data pipelines to support data product automation.
What they will have:
• At a minimum, candidates must possess the equivalent in education, experience, and skills of a
Bachelor's degree in a related field and two (2) years' relevant experience.
• Familiarity with healthcare specific regulatory requirements for data management. (Preferred)
• Experience providing data integration services within healthcare organizations. (Preferred)
• Knowledge of Tableau, SAS, R, and other analytic tools. (Preferred)
What they bring:
• Good problem definition, analytical, problem solving skills, and technical writing skills.
• Strong data processing programming skills across SQL-based and Hadoop-based technologies.
• Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to deal with management of various levels and communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
• Knowledge of Agile and Scrum project methodologies utilizing TFS, Jira/Confluence.
• Ability to use Extract Transform Load (ETL) tools (SSIS, Data Stage, Cask)
• Ability to use Kimball methodology for dimensional data modeling, 3rd Normal form DW.
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website