Chemistry Laboratory Assistant (Contract-to-Perm): Asheville, NC
The Lab Assistant I responsible for general duties associated with the preparation of samples for clinical testing and/or transport. Duties include: receiving specimens, identification, labeling, distributing laboratory samples to appropriate areas, data entry, calculating test results using preset procedures, routine instrument checks, and other duties as assigned to assist the lab team
***Openings are on 2nd or 3rd shift
*** TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED for 2-3 weeks on first shift (8am - 5pm or 9a - 6pm).***
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Must read and follow departmental SOPs
- Temperature checks
- Receiving and storage of supplies
- Processing specimens for later testing in the lab.
- Assist in assessing specimen acceptance
- Demonstrates good laboratory practice and performs cleaning and decontamination procedures for the equipment used in the processing area.
- Track samples to assure proper storage.
- Achieve training goals as established by Human Resources.
- Applies Genova value statements and quality principles to their work.
- Assist the Supervisor and Assistant Supervisor in performing maintenance on equipment in the department.
- Understands and follows all safety rules and regulations.
- Other job duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires a high school diploma or GED.
- Laboratory and data entry experience would be helpful but is not required.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate problem solving ability, visual acuity, manual dexterity, and ability to perform repetitive processes consistently.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website