Entry-Level Microbiology Laboratory Technologist (Contract-to-Perm): Asheville, NC
Kelly Scientific is seeking ambitious and qualified new B.S. graduates with a degree in Chemistry or Biology to join one of our most inclusionary and trusted Molecular Diagnostic clients in Asheville, NC for a 6-month contract-to-hire permanent position as a Microbiology Lab Technologist! The average employee tenure with this client is ~20 years, this is because they not only treat their employees well, but because they treat them like family and all share the same goal: To be THE best provider of comprehensive clinical laboratory services for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of complex diseases; improving the lives and well-being of patients by bringing innovative insights to the complexity of health.
***There are availabilities for both 2nd and 3rd shift (2nd: 2pm - 11pm, 3rd: 5pm - 1am).
*** TRAINING WILL BE PROVIDED for 2-3 weeks on first shift (8am - 5pm or 9a - 6pm).***
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological or Chemical Science from an accredited institution, a degree in Medical Technology or a MLT Certification.
- 16 credit hours in Biology, 16 credit hours in Chemistry, and 4 hours of Math credit hours.
- At least 1 year of Clinical Microbiology experience would be preffered
- Ability to produce copies of transcripts & diploma for verification
- Ability to pass a color-accuracy test.
About the position:
The Lab Technologist I will process and analyze patient samples, monitor QC Microbiology, ensure all instruments are maintained properly, and enter patient results in their department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Perform department procedures and demonstrate sound laboratory techniques.
- Must have read and follow Departmental SOPs.
- Demonstrates proficiency in judging acceptability of quality control results.
- Communicates sample issues within and outside the department to support proper client communication.
- Participates in internal and external proficiency testing.
- Demonstrated proficiency in performing maintenance on equipment in the department.
- Achieve training goals as established by Human Resources.
- Understand and follow all safety rules and regulations.
- Assists supervisor and assistant supervisor in daily operations of the department.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly maintenance on all department instruments.
- Assists in evaluation and development of new procedures.
- Participates in training of new employees.
- Applies Quality Principles to their work.
- Works closely with all other lab personnel.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Biological or Chemical Science from an accredited institution, a degree in Medical Technology or a MLT Certification.
- No previous experience is required however prior clinical experience is desirable.
- Candidates must be an excellent problem solver, detail oriented, self-motivated, and a good team player.
- Must be able to learn and utilize the laboratory information system.
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website