Estimating / Inside Sales /Project Manager - Knowledge of Mitek roof & floor trussÃ¢?? design software required
Annual Salary up to $90,000
Direct Hire - Permanent Placement
M-F 8am -5pm
Location: Acworth GA
Summary: The Estimating/ Inside Sales Manager will be responsible for leading and overseeing all sales support functions related to Estimating and Inside Sales activities from qualifying bids through to ensuring Change Orders and EWO's are created and processed in a timely fashion.
- Qualifies desirable projects for potential truss, TRO, wall panel, ewp, and hardware bids and communicates recommendations to Salesman
- Assigns and prioritizes preparation of estimates used for planning, organizing and scheduling work to meet deadlines
- Analyzes plans and estimating documents to identify opportunities for performance improvement/ value engineering to increase both our competitiveness and project margins (BOD & BOE)
- Develops innovative means and methods for the timely completion of estimates
- Reviews soon to be negotiated bids (Proposal – JobBook) for accuracy and scope
- Coordinates Pre- and Post-Estimate meetings with sales as needed
- Complies with evolving sales strategies as directed by Operations Manager
- Maintains applicable bid files, correspondence, etc. in an organized and accurate manner that adheres to company standards
[Inside Sales/ Project Management]:
- Acts as liaison between sales, design, production and administrative (invoicing)
- Promotes an environment with excellent customer service which includes a sense of urgency when serving others
- Maintains and strengthens customer relationships
- Understands and oversees the Order Entry process for initial OEs, ROEs and BBU breakdown
- Assigns Contract and PO reviews including Plan Notes & Specs
- Coordinates & participates in pre-design meetings on behalf of Sales/ Estimating as needed
- Facilitates/ schedules plan reviews on SOLD projects for early RFI opportunities & follows up on RFI's
- Identifies, evaluates and processes Change Order opportunities as plan revisions for each project are made available
- Oversees EWO process regarding investigations, determining root causes, proper coding, timely processing and follow up
- Ensures that design submittal approvals are monitored and tracked for timely retrieval
- Helps expedite/resolve issues requiring truss repairs
- Assigns, schedules, perform occasional field visits to solve framing issues
- Conducts BOD/ BOE analyses as required to identify causes of variances
- Determines cross-training opportunities to utilize best and develop team members
- Performs other job-related duties or special projects as assigned
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software applications, primarily Microsoft Office Products and Outlook
- Knowledge of wood species, treatments, dimensions, lengths, board footage, square footage, and linear footage
- Ability to read blueprints and visualize details in three dimensions
- Knowledge of field requirements and truss materials
- Understands code requirements and loading conditions
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry while applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD programs.
- Working knowledge of Mitek/Alpine roof & floor truss design software, and applicable wall panel design/engineering software
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Associate degree or equivalent from two (2) year college or technical school; or three (3) to five (5) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive wood product/lumber/truss experience in the multifamily construction industry preferred
- A proven leader in management with a track record of developing people and building teams
This position requires minimal travel to local job sites.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website