Field Operator – Garner, NC
Title: Material Handler
Pay: $15 hr.
Job Summary: The position of Field Operator is responsible for supporting the delivery, installation and operation of company equipment on Company Service Center sites and/or customer job sites. The Field Operator will maintain a clean and orderly work site environment to enable safe and efficient movement of workers and motorized equipment throughout the site.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Yard Maintenance
- Identify all items to be delivered or picked up with customer to ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Perform visual inspection of equipment being picked up and note any damage.
- Obtain customer's signature on appropriate paperwork.
- Utilize motorized equipment handling machinery to safely load equipment on and off trucks and trailers.
- Secure all items loaded on the truck for safe over-the-road travel in accordance with Federal Motor Carriers Safety Administration FMCSA, Federal Department of Transportation and local Department of Transportation guidelines.
- Assist in securing load utilizing straps and chains.
- Ensure yard and loading areas are clear of debris and trash; accessories and equipment are organized and easy to access.
- Follow all safety processes and procedures and maintain a Safety-First approach when completing daily work tasks.
- Complete a Job Safety Assessment before beginning any job on a customer site.
- Ensure compliance with all Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
- Installation Operation Travel locally to mobilize/demobilize small pump systems on customer job sites.
- Ensures pipeline, pump equipment and accessories are installed according to specification.
- Operate fusion machine to build HDPE high-density polyethylene pipelines on customer site to connect the pumping system.
- Ensure pumping system and pipeline meet operational requirements.
- Understand and react to how weather conditions effect HDPE fusion.
- Work independently or as part of a crew to install and dismantle pumping systems and pipelines on customer job sites.
- Review preliminary contracts to ensure all materials needed are identified and available.
- Update the sales staff should any materials change or the initial job set up changes.
- Initiate site introductions with customer and Outside Sales personnel.
- Establish customer expectations and clarify customer support.
- Establish communication with equipment operators.
- Prepare electronic work orders.
- Understand priming systems, options, remote systems and A-91 panels
- Apply proper measurements center-to-center or face-to-face to HDPE pipe.
- Calculate angles to ensure proper installation.
- Perform vacuum checks on installed pumping systems.
- Perform proper sequencing to break down pump systems and pipelines to avoid spills and/or contamination to surrounding work area.
- Properly flush systems.
- Safely utilize chain saws and other hand tools to properly cut and break down
- Should have current driver's license
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with fusion machine and pump systems
Please do not contact your local Kelly branch office as they are not filling this position.
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website