Firmware Development Engineer, Lincoln, Rhode Island, 02865
Kelly Services is seeking a Firmware Development Engineer, engineer will be an integral member of the firmware development team performing activities such as designing, implementing and testing code for Company printer products in an Agile firmware environment. Responsibilities also include developing unit tests, debugging and resolving defects as they arise, documenting designs and working with test engineers as needed. Be a member of a dynamic, high performance team responsible for improving customer value and reducing time to market through innovation and improvements for company products for one of our top clients in Lincoln, Rhode Island.
Length: 03/01/2021 to 02/25/2022 (Contract W2)- (Possibility to extend or convert)
Pay Rate: $50-55/hr. (W2)
- Perform manual test and design, debug, and develop automated tests and test infrastructure in a quality manner consistent with company and departmental standards and procedures.
- Document designs and software, update preexisting documentation, as appropriate, with context, data flow and/or state diagrams, structure and flow charts, pseudocode, and source statement commentary.
- Test products under specified and/or reasonable conditions under which it may operate.
- Work with engineers in Firmware, Software, Electrical and Mechanical groups to test and debug features and improvements. Work with support to reproduce, root cause and fix customers issues.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field of firmware development, software languages, techniques, and methods.
- Investigate problems and recommend solutions. Implement any required corrective action.
- Advise and assist developers in the design or modification of firmware.
- Accurately estimate time to complete tasks. Upon accepting the estimates of others, complete the task to schedule in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related fields.
- Experience and knowledge of embedded software/firmware development and Software tool development in a real time environment.
- Must be proficient in C as well as C++.
- Must have experience with computer science fundamentals including data structures, multi-threading and synchronization.
- Experience developing Software/Firmware in an agile development environment
- Familiarity with various communication protocols and various processors.
- Skills in OOD, Design patterns, Structured design, Design Documentation, Debugging Techniques are desired.
- Experience with python and scripting languages desirable
- Experience with Bluetooth and Wi-Fi development desirable.
- Experience with QNX O/S and IMX processors desirable.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Proven problem solver and impediment remover finds solution to blockers and helps resolve technical issues quickly to achieve schedule.
By partnering with Kelly® Technology, you'll have direct connections to top companies around the globe—giving you the chance to put your tech skills to work on some of today's most intriguing, innovative, and high-visibility projects. In a world where change is the only constant, our unparalleled connections and IT market expertise help you take your skills exactly where you want to go. We're here to help you gain experience, keep learning, and move your career forward.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website