Formulations Supervisor – asphalt additives & emulsifiers (direct hire)
Overview: Kelly Services® is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Formulations Supervisor skilled with road chemistry related products such as asphalt additives, surfactants, emulsifiers, etc. This is a direct hire role in Tulsa, OK for a leading company in the area of specialty chemicals for the asphalt, mining, fertilizer, phosphate, and oil and gas industries worldwide.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Emulsions and Performance Lab Leader, this Formulations Supervisor will be responsible for the overall operation and quality of the formulations testing lab.
- This person will supervise asphalt emulsifier and additive testing in the laboratory, manage priorities, schedule resources, manage materials, records, and team training.
- The Formulations Supervisor will be responsible for maintaining AASHTO accreditation for the liquids testing laboratory.
- Design and Execute test programs relative to Asphalt, Polymer Modified Asphalt, and Asphalt Emulsions.
- Recommend formulations and production guidelines to meet customers performance needs.
- Maintain knowledge of specifications (AASHTO, ASTM, State DOT and, local).
- Create and Maintain Standard Operating Procedures to ensure consistent operations and quality data.
- Understand and Operate a Safe Laboratory Working Environment maintaining necessary training, organization, inventory, and cleanliness.
- Provide consistently Clear and Concise Communication, in both written and verbal form, to internal and external customers.
- Participate in New Product Development Execute and execute testing programs.
- Ensure formulations data and records are properly maintained.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry or related Scientific Discipline required, Masters or higher – a plus.
- 5 years of experience in asphalt related formulations and or related laboratory operations
- An ideal candidate will come from asphalt / road chemistry background, but tangent experience (specialty chemicals, paints, coatings, surfactants, emulsifiers, fertilizers, potentially even refinery chemicals) may be acceptable.
Please note that resumes from third parties will not be accepted. All candidates must be presently authorized to work for any employer in the US.
Apply today for immediate consideration or send your resume directly to
Kelly® Science & Clinical is your connection to premier scientific and clinical companies looking to hire talented people just like you. Every day, we match science professionals with dream jobs that fit their skills and interests—it's the way we think job searching should be. Nearly 100 percent of our science recruiters have a professional background/education in science, so we know a thing or two about the science market and how to get you noticed.About Kelly®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live (plus, did we mention we provide a ton of benefits). Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.]] About Kelly Services
Kelly Services, Inc. (NASDAQ: KELYA, KELYB) is a leader in providing workforce solutions.
Kelly offers a comprehensive array of outsourcing and consulting services as well as world-class staffing on a temporary, temporary-to-hire, and direct-hire basis.
Serving clients around the globe, Kelly provided employment to more than 540,000 employees in 2013. Revenue in 2013 was $5.4 billion.
Apply on company website